Chapter 21:

***CARTER'S POV***

Mikey pulled me away from the rest of the group. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I just don't want to say goodnight yet."

I laughed. Mikey was so cute. "We're three blocks away!"

He blushed, then said, "Well, I still wanted more time with you." And he kissed my lips lighty. He's perfect. We kept walking until we all got home.

I walked in and found my Dad sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Hey, Dad!"

"Hey, Carter. Why are you home so late?"

"I go to the ICON after school."

"You still do that?"

"Yup."

"Wow." I laughed and went upstairs to my room.

***NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL***

"Did you understand last night's homework?" Mikey asked. "Oh, that reminds me! I forgot my workbook in my locker!"

"Hurry. Class's almost started."

I ran out into the empty hallway to my locker. I rummaged through my locker, looking for my workbook.

"Strange seeing you here." A voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw Scott.

Scott's my ex. He was only with me because he wanted (s), and then broke up with me when I rejected him. He was abusive, too. But no one really knows about him but Mikey.

"Forgot something in your locker?" He asked. "Yeah."

He laughed. "You don't need to be so shy."

"I'm not shy." He got closer. "So are you scared of me."

Well, duh! "No."

"You don't have to lie."

"I'm not." I turned around again, looking through my locker. He grabbed my wrists, spun me around, and pinned me to the wall. My feetdidn't touch the floor.

"Listen when I'm talking to you!"

"Who do you think you are!?!?" I yelled back. His face turned bright red. I soon felt a sharp pain on my right cheek.

"Where's your little boyfriend now? Is he going to save you now?"

I stayed quiet.

He laughed. "If we were about 5 months earlier than today, you would have said he wasn't your boyfriend..."

"So?"

"You're not denying it."

"Why would I?"

He let go of my wrists. "He won't be for long. You still owe me."

"She doesn't owe you anything." Someone said from the other side of the hall. Vinny was walking towards us.

"Oh, here's your other boyfriend! You're a little slut."

"Vinny's not my boyfriend!"

He slapped me again. "Don't raise your voice at me, you bitch!"

Vinny spoke up. "Just leave her alone."

"Shut up, prick!"

Vinny's fist tightened. "Scared to talk back!?!" Scott yelled at him. Soon enough, Vinny punched Scott, then turned to me.

"Let's go."

He took me back to class. "Please don't tell Mikey." I asked Vinny.

He looked away, then said. "He has to know."

"Why?"

"He's your boyfriend."

"That doesn't mean he has to know everything."

"He should know about this."

"This isn't his buisness!"

"Yes, it is!" Vinny yelled. When he calmed down, he said, "He's going to find out either way." And he walked away.

I walked into class and sat down. Mikey looked at me. "No workbook?"

"Um..no. Must've left it home."

"You alright?"

"Better than ever."

"Your cheek's red."

"And?"

"Did someone slap you?"

"No."

"So, your cheek's just randomly red?"

"Yeah."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"I don't know."

"Well, I don't. Now, I'm going to ask you again. Did someone slap you?" Mikey asked roughly. I looked into his eyes and they were full of anger.

Scott walked into class and smirked in my direction. He walked by my desk and put my workbook in front of me.

Mikey looked down at the workbook, then at me.

"What did Scott do to you?" Mikey whispered. His voice was full of anger.

I swallowed. "Nothing."

"You're lying."

I stayed silent. And looked down at my books. Mikey whispered in my ear. "This discussion isn't over."