Chapter 23:

"CARTER! WAIT" I yelled, running after her. She stopped and turned around, facing me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW?"

"It's NOT what it looked like!!"

"STOP IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!"

"Carter, please-" I stopped because her wrist was bleeding. I took it in my hand and studied it for a while. I looked up and Carter was crying, facing the ground.

"I thought you stopped...-Why?-- No." I said, feeling tears fall down my face.

"Just....just-" She started. She pulled her wrist out of my hand and finished. "Leave me alone." And she walked away.

Watching her walk away was probably the most pain I've ever been through. I might never get her back. She's gone forever.

***AFTER THE TOUR***

***CARTER'S POV***

The boys left for their tours, and I missed them all so much. Except Mikey. I could care less. Actually, yes. I do care. I'm stupid. I'm still in love with him. He's still on my mind 24/7. And I miss him. I have to move on. I talked to Vinny last night, and he's doing great! I won my Championships because, yes, I'm a boss (jk). Mikey's tried texting, but I ignore him.

I got ready and headed downstairs. "Hey, Dad!" I said, walking down the stairs. Dad was talking to someone in the living room. I took a peek and screamed loud when I saw who it was.

"MADISON!!!"

"CARTER!!!"

I ran up to him and hugged him. "I missed you so much!"

"Missed you, too. Sis!"

I smiled. "So how was the tour?"

He sighed. "Sad. Mikey was miserable most-"

"I mean how was it for you? I could care less about Mikey." That was probably the biggest lie I've ever told.

"You know he really didn't mean to-" He stopped and shook his head. "It was great. Thanks for asking."

I smiled, and so did he. "We need to get to school."

"I'm ready."

I said 'goodbye' to my Dad and ran out the door with my skateboard.

We got to school and I found Sarah, Sian, and Sam. Sam ran towards Madison.

"Sarah, when were you going to tell me they were back!?!?"

She looked up from her phone. "Oh, sorry. Jason got home last night and I forgot."

I sighed.

"Carter!" Someone yelled, I turned to see Jason with open arms. I smiled and ran into them.

Someone cleared their throat and I looked up. So did Jason. "Oh, yeah. Um...I'll be over there.....yeah..." Jason said, leaving me alone with Mikey.

"Hey."

"Hm."

There was an awkward silence. Then he spoke again.

"How's life?"

"Justin Bieber released his acoustic album."

"Right."

"Yep."

There was another awkward moment. Silence. More silence. Then, finally.

"Carter, I'm so sor-"

"Hey, One Direction's movie is coming out August 30th!"

"Don't change the subject."

"The next 'Hunger Games' movie comes out November 23rd."

"I don't care!"

"I'm not going to listen to you. Isn't that what you told me?"

With that, I walked away.