Chapter 41:

***MIKEY'S POV***

"What?"

She put her head down on the pillow and covered her face with the blanket.

"Carter. Please. Talk to me."

No answer.

I love her. I really do. But I can't just get upset every time she has a hard time expressing herself. I just want my bubbly yet agressive, beautiful girlfriend back.

Suddenly, I heard a weak sniffle. She was crying.

I layed down next to her and put an arm around her waist. This wasn't her fault. She didn't deserve this. And I was making things worse. I hated it.

Soon enough, I started crying, too. But, I tried hiding it. She's never seen me cry, and today just wasn't hoing to be the first. So I took a deep breath.

"Are you crying?"

She shifted her body so that she was now on her back. Her beautiful, hurt, dark brown eyes looking into mine.

I whiped my face with my sleeve. "No?"

She smiled a little, but it faded quickly.

"You don't have to lie to me." She said. And then I couldn't hide it anymore. I broke down and cried on her shoulder.

"Shh," she kept on saying, "It's okay. I'll be okay."

I calmed down, but only a little. She rubbed my back and kissed my forehead...something that reminded me of something my mom would do, and what an amazing mother she will become.

"Even if it's not now, you'll be the best mother anyone could ask for." I told her.

She gave me a confused look. "Umm, okay."

"I'm serious, Carter."

She looked away and took a deep breath.

"A good mother wouldn't give away her child, now would she?"

Tears built up in her eyes until one finally made it down her cheek.

I whiped it away. "It's better than your other choices. You're giving him or her a chance to live. Maybe not with you, but they'll live."

She started crying even harder. "What if they're put in an abusive home?"

She buried her face into my shoulder as I rubbed her back.

"I'm sure they'll find a home for them that's safe. Just try to think positive. Okay?"

She nodded and hugged me.

"I love you." I told her as I kissed her forehead.

"I love you, too." She said, still holding on to me as if I'd ever leave her.

I won't leave her. Ever.

__________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to my beautiful little cousin who wanted me to update so badly. Happy Birthday! Love you!! Xx