Chapter 14:

I ran to his side and helped him take his helmet off. His face clearly showed the pain he was in. Coach told Nick to get the nurse. I just sat next to him, holding his hand.

Minutes later, the nurse came back with Nick. She asked two of us to help him get to her office. So Marvel and I volunteered. We got him up and hopping on one leg. While we walked, Montana stared at me with an awful smirk. She obviously didn't think this through. If Mikey can't walk, he can't dance either. If Mikey doesn't dance, he wouldn't be as famous anymore. So if she wanted him for the fame, this was a bad move.

We arrived to the nurse's office and we sat Mikey on a stretcher while she got his files. It was quiet for a minute, then Marvel spoke.

"I'm so sorry."

Mikey looked at him a bit confused, then responded, "Don't apologize. It's not your fault."

Marvel sighed. "It was. It was all planned. It wasn't my idea, but that was planned. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have agreed to-"

I interupted. "Who set it up?"

"She said I couldn't tell."

"WHO planned it, Marvel?"

"Fine. But you didn't hear from me. Montana set it up to-" That was enough for me. I stormed out of the room. I need to think.

***MIKEY'S POV***

My knee was absolutely killing me, and to hear that this was all planned made it so much more worse.

Carter walked out, pist. I've never seen her so upset. I would have ran after her, if my knee weren't broken and all.

"Why?" I asked Marvel. I had to know.

"She was jealous of Carter."

Nothing she does is going to make me change my mind about Carter. Why doesn't she understand?

"It's stupid. I know. I don't even know why I said 'yes'! I'm sorry, man."

"It's okay." I need to find Carter. Now.

***CARTER'S POV***

I walked down the hallway. I went where my feet took me, but I wasn't sure exactly where. Then Montana and her friends came into the hallway. As soon as she had seen me, Montana laughed.

"Awww. Is someone's boyfriend hurt? Too bad you couldn't protect him." She mocked with a powty face.

"Well, reality-check, Montana. The scheme practically had your name written all over it."

"Which one? Mikey, Sam, or Vinny?" She asked.

"What did you do to Vinny?"

"Oh. How strange your BFF didn't go to the Complex after school yesturday..."

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?!?" I said almost tearing her up, untill strong arms held me back.

"He's still alive. Don't worry."

"Where is he?"

"Can't tell."

"TELL ME!!"

"Ha! And I'll listen to you?" She sarcastically asked.

"Don't hurt him....please." I almost pleaded. I wanted him back safe.

"Break up with Mikey."

"No."

"So do you really want to see Madison, Jason, Sarah, Louis, Thomas, Nick and Sian hurt, too?"

I didn't answer. She threatened hurting everyone I cared about. I couldn't do this anymore.

"Okay. Just don't hurt Vin or the others."

"Alright! See that wasn't too hard?" It was hard. I'm going to loose Mikey. And he won't understand why. He'll hate me.

I started walking away when Montana's voice stopped me. "Carter, one last thing...Mikey finds out, and everyone you care about will pay. Including Mikey."

"Everyone already knows you hurt Mikey and Sam!"

Her face turned red.

"WHAT do you mean!?!?" She yelled.

"It's obvious! You're so stupid!"

I felt a sharp pain on my right cheek. I realized she slapped me. So I punched her again. Second time this week. But this time, I didn't stop.

I took a break. "Where's Vinny?" I asked in a harsh tone.

She laughed. Then replied, "You won't know until they find his body. Along with the rest of your friends."

I punched her one last time. And I ran back to the nurse's office. I busted the door open and found Mikey just where I had left him.

***MIKEY' POV***

The nurse was still looking for my files for over half an hour now. It was quiet and awkward, too. Until Carter barged in with a terrified look on her face. Out of breath.

"Babe! Take a breath! What's wrong?"

She took a few long breaths, then said, "Can I talk to you? Alone?"

She looked at Marvel and he shook his head, then waited outside. Her eyes were full of tears.

"Carter? Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry Mikey. I really am. But..."

"What did Montana tell you to do!?!?"

Now she started crying like crazy. I pulled her near, and hugged her. Montana had no idea what she meant to me. Carter meant the world to me. I loved her.

She calmed down and I whiped away tears from her cheeks. Then I asked again.

"What did she do? You can tell me."

"You'll have to promise."

"Cross my heart and I hope to die. Now what's bothering you?"

She took a breath and whispered the most flaborgasting yet horrible thing I've ever heard.

Vinny. He's hurt.