Chapter 8:

Okay, so I might have caused a little blood, but hey? She provoked me. Plus, it brought her one step closer to that nose surgery she desperately needs.

After the punch, I felt strong hands pulling me back. I was so furious I didn't bother see who it was. All I wanted to do was teach her a lesson. And that lesson was simple: Don't mess with my friends. My family.

Multiple 'OOH!'s and 'DID SHE JUST DO THAT!?'s were heard around the room. But no one helped Montana.

Feeling a bit bad, I went to the nearest tissue box and got two tissues. And I handed them to her.

"Clean your own blood. And mind your own business." With that, I picked up my stuff, and walked out.

Someone called me, so I turned around. It was Mikey.

"WHAT WAS SHE TALKING ABOUT!?"

"Just forget you ever heard anything, Mikey."

"Well, then I guess I'm walking you home."

"You don't-"

"I'm walking you home. Period."

We were walking up the road in complete silence. Birds were chirping. Leaves were changing. Cars were driving in the distance.

"What did she mean when she said I wouldn't date a dope?" Mikey asked.

I didn't want to answer, but I knew he wouldn't drop it.

"She always thinks either you like me or I like you. Why?"

"Mikey, you're asking too many questions."

"I'm just curious she knows something I don't."

I stayed quiet. She did know. She knew how I felt about Mikey.

Suddenly, Mikey stopped me. He grabbed the back of my neck, and kissed me. It was completely unexpected. I didn't even know what it meant. I was speechless.

Mikey let go, and pulled the hair that had escaped my ponytail behind my ear.

"So I kinda like you, Carter."

Kinda!?!? I can't. I'm too speechless.

"Mikey, I-"

"Wait. I'm not done." Fudge. There's more? "I have for three years now."

"But, Montana?"

"I just dated her to distract myself. I thought you liked Vinny."

"Vinny?" Out of all people!?!?

"Yep....so what were you going to say?" I didn't think. I just did.

I kissed him back.

When that finished, he just smiled. So did I.

"I'm glad that's clear." Mikey said, leaning his forehead on mine.

"Me, too." I said, still smiling.

Mikey took my hand, and we walked to my house.

When we were almost there, Mikey asked, "Would you go out with me if I asked you?"

"I don't know. Are you going to ask?" I said, smiling.

"Only if you say yes." He said, winking.

"Okay."

"Promise?" He asked as we stopped walking.

"Yes."

"Carter, would you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I said and hugged him. We let go and he kissed my cheek.

"Talk to you later, alright?"

"Ok."

I was about to pull out my keys to open the door when I turned around. I noticed Mikey had turned around, too, with a devilish smile on his face.

He walked up to me and kissed me one last time. Then he just simply said, "Bye," with a huge smile on his face. I replied the same.

Best.

Day.

EVER!