Chapter 16:

"Ignore it, Mikey."

"But what if you get-"

"She's not going to hurt me. She's not stupid!" I told Mikey, harshly. I didn't mean to. I was just sick of all of this. After a few awkward moments, I apologized.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just-"

"I know. It's okay." He replied, kissing my cheek. Vinny smiled like a cornball. We all just laughed.

****FOUR MONTHS LATER****

***STILL CARTER'S POV***

Four months had passed and everything went back to normal. Mikey and Sam got better, so they don't need crutches anymore. They can walk and dance as if nothing happened. Nick and Sian are very close friends, now. But it's obvious they like each other. Vinny's alright. Better than ever. He's got a tour coming up soon. He'll be traveling the country, teaching people how do dance. I'm proud of him. Madison, Louis, Jason, and Mikey started their own group called 'To Be One'. They'll be on tour soon, too. Performing dances they made themselves. I'm proud of them, too.

Montana still bothers me. Like the usual bullying, but I ignore her.

Sian and I are a lot closer, too. I guess the shyness only stands for so long here in Englishtown.

"Morning, beautiful." A familiar voice said in my ear. I opened my eyes and saw Mikey.

I closed my eyes again and replied. "Morning, babe."

He laughed, then took away my blanket. "Carter, you have to get up. It's a schoolday."

I groaned. "It's too early. And give me my blanket."

"Nope." Mikey responded, chuckling.

I sat up, hair all over the place. "I'm up. Happy?"

He laughed the cutest laugh ever, then said, "You look so cute when you wake up in the morning."

I made a powty face. "Don't mock me. I know I look like a mess."

"But it's cute."

I laughed and layed back down. Mikey sulked and said, "Carter. We NEED to go to school."

"But I don't wanna!" I whined.

"Carter, do I have to drag you around again?"

I remembered a time when we were seven. Mikey had tried waking me up, and it ended up pretty badly.

*FLASHBACK*

"IKE! WAKE UP!"

"Leave me alone, Mikey."

"WE HAVE SCHOOL TODAY!! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!!"

"Okay."

"UGH!!"

Mikey then proceeded into dragging me by my feet into the bathroom, so I kicked him in his area.

"OUCH!!!" Mikey said, crouching down, holding his stomach. I laughed and stood up. He took a bucket of water and wet me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Wait for me downstairs. I'll be ready in fifteen." I said, walking into the bathroom.

"That's what I thought." Mikey said with an evil grin on his face.

***15 MINUTES LATER***

I walked downstairs into the kitchen. My mom was making breakfast.

"Hi, Mommy."

"Hey, Carter. How did you sleep?"

"Alright. You?"

"Okay. " Mom wasn't her usual self today, so I asked.

"Mom, are you alright?"

She sighed, then answered, "I guess I just miss your father. That's all."

My dad is in the U.S. Navy. He's my hero. But since he was deported seven years ago, I haven't seen him since. He sends letters, but my letters bearly ever make it to Dad.

"I miss him, too. But, he'll be back."

"Hopefully."

Mikey walked in from the living room. "You ready, Ike?"

"Yeah. Be right there." I gave Mom a hug and said goodbye. I grabbed my bookbag and walked out the door with Mikey.

As soon as we stepped outside, he grabbed my hand. I was pretty much used to it by now.

We got to school half an hour early as usual. Mikey usually asks me where I want to go, but today,he pulled me straight into the library.

There was a man, reading my favorite book at one table. But I couldn't see his face.

"Mikey, who's that? Over there. I can't see from here." I whispered.

He smiled and let go of my hand. "Go see for yourself."

I gave him a funny look, then walked over to the man. He was reading 'Through My Eyes' by Tim Tebow.

"Tebow fan?" I asked him.

Without showing his face, he said, "Yeah. My daughter's a huge fan of his, so I thought I should read it. It's a really good book." The voice was too familiar. Finally, he put the book down and smiled.

"DAD!"