Chapter 20.

Hey beautiful(s), to be more beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others, you only need to accept yourself.

゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ ♡ ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚

Jake's POV :

      "Jaeyun." My eyes opened and all I could see was white. Where am I? Am I in the hospital? But wait nothing happened to me so why would I be in the hospital. Oh am I dead? I sat up looked around but could only see white. Wait I heard someone calling my name. "Is there anyone here? Where am I?" I voiced out.

      "You are safe, my child. But for you to see me, you need to let go of your body. Completely relax your body." The sweet voice replied. Let go of my body? I looked down at my body and felt confused on how to let go of your body. "Ho-how do I do that? And who are you?" I asked, looking everywhere in the room. "Close your eyes and take a deep breath. You will feel it." The voice replied. The voice had a comforting feeling to it so I listened to it.

      I closed my eyes and did the same as I was told. After a few seconds, I felt lighter. "Open your eyes, my child." The voice commanded. I slowly opened my eyes and in front of me was a woman, dressed in a white gown and flower crown on her head. She was so beautiful with her long, wavy hair and she was oozing power. "Wh-who are you?" I asked. I stood up and walked towards her. "Try to recognise me." She replied. After racking my brain for a bit, I finally knew who she was.

      "Goddess Artemis." I gasped. I quickly kneeled down and bowed to her. "I am so sorry, Goddess. I couldn't recognise you." Goddess put her hand on my shoulder and made me stand up. "You don't need to bow down in front of me." She said, "You must have a lot of questions, right? Ask and I will answer." I did have a lot of questions. I don't even know where to begin from. She softly smiled at me, "Let's have a sit and then you can question me." She led to the bed on which I was sleeping earlier.

      "Am I dreaming?" I asked my first question. "No, you are not. This is not a dream but also not your real life. This is like a dream because only your soul is present here. Your body is still in your bed, sleeping next to Sunghoon." She calmly answered. I looked down at my body and I realised that I am not wearing my night dress but a white tshirt and a white jeans.

      "Why am I here?" I questioned. Her smile dropped a little before she stood up. "Because I wanted to meet you and that would only be possible if you were mated to Sunghoon. So since you and Sunghoon mated last night, I could finally come here and meet you." Goddess Artemis answered. I now remember. Sunghoon and I finally mated last night. My hand flew towards my neck. The mating mark was strong.

      "But why did you want to meet me?" I asked the Goddess, standing up. She turned towards me and gave a soft smile. "You will have to listen to me very carefully, Jaeyun. You have suffered your whole life and for that I am deeply sorry. But today I will tell you the whole truth. Ji-yuk and Ban-hyul are not your real parents." As soon as the Goddess said those words, I was in utter shock. The Goddess didn't say anything for a few minutes, letting me a absorb the words.

      "What? What are you saying? How- they are not my real parents? Then- then who are my real parents? Are they alive? Do they know me? Have- have I ever seen them?" I had so many questions. "Relax, Jaeyun." The Goddess put her hand on my shoulder to calm me down, "Your parents are alive and they know you." Hearing those words made me feel so happy. I have my parents.