New start

I stared down at Lydia. I couldn't even think everything is blank. She stares at me waiting for an answer. "Baby, get up and lets get some shit understood before I give you an answer." I say. Lydia stands up and crosses her arms across her chest like a little kid does. "Corrie why do you always have to ruin a big moment by talking can't you just go with your heart sometimes, can't you just do without rules." I look at her and can't help but grin at her. "Ma, You of all people should know I like to be in charge. " She sucks her teeth and shakes her head with a small smile playing on her lips. "Lydia I'm serious I want to be your husband but I only got one rule.... our business lives stay apart so you can't be riding with me and shooting up the block with me.  "You lost our child because of it and I won't tolerate it. " She looks off into the distance and bits her lip. "I think I can live with that I'm to pretty to be getting shot." She says while putting her arm around my neck. She moves in and kisses me and whispers in my heart. "I love you Corrie, I love you so much. " I hug her around the waist and smile. "I love you too ma, now let's go to my house and start working on another baby. "