Meeting the family.

I can't believe Corrie hasn't called me we were supposed to go meet his family ugh. I get up and go down stairs and clean up the house and start making dinner since Corrie is no where to be found. I make chicken mashed potatoes and cornbread. I look at the clock and see its 7, what the hell I say out loud to myself. I hear the front door open and I get up. "Corrie I should slap the hell out of you." I turn the corner into the foyer and see Corrie standing there with two women. "Hey I say nervously. "Baby this my moms and my baby sister."My nerves freeze up on me and I don't kNow what to do. "Don't act shy now, you was about to go all mike Tyson on my son just a few minutes ago. She says laughing. I put my hand out to introduce myself. "Girl we hug family around here. She pulls me into a big hug and realeases me after a moment. I can't stop smiling.
*****
Everything went so perfect at dinner I couldn't stop smiling. I step out the bathroom in my bra and panties and see Corrie laying on the bed with just his boxers on. "Hey baby, how was your day he ask as he hold his arms out for me. "It was perfect I say walking into his arms and kissing him deeply. I straddle his lap and start to kiss his neck. Before I can get any further his phone rings. Not his personal phone his "work phone". I suck my teeth and crawl off his lap onto my side of the bed. "Aight one. " He says into the phone, I roll my eyes at him because I know what's coming next. "Man bae don't be like that I know I been gone alot but I gotta make sure we straight. "Really Corrie I was your lawyer I know what's in your bank account you have enough to last 10 life times and I have enough for us to live too, so stop giving me them wack ass excuses I say standing up. Corrie starts to get dressed. "Lydia baby you knew this is what I did and you said you was going to be down for me, what's the fucking problem now." I walk over to him and get in his face. "The only fucking problem is that we have a baby on the way and we are going to be married soon, the fucking problem is that you're going to have a problem, even when you get out the game we still gonna have to watch our backs so you need to just stop." We stare each other down and I feel the tears coming I love this man with every bone known my body and I refuse for him to leave me. "So you pregnant he says with a small grin. "No I'm not pregnant but the way you been nutting in me I actually might be." Man Lydia you know this is who I am." "No Corrie this is not who you are this is who you choose to be, if you go out that door I know that you're picking the streets over your family." He looks at me with so much sadness in his face and I already know the decision he is about to make. I turn my back on him. I hear him walk out the room and I hear the front door close. I drop down to my knees and cry.