Chapter 1

"Stras just hear me out. Everything will be fine, there is nothing you need to worry about" I tried to calm him down but he was in panic mood.

"You don't understand Lydia. This is the biggest opportunity MRFY has ever had. This will be our way to get our music out there" Stras started to hyperventilate. 

"Breath in with me" I told him. He did as I told him and took a breath in. "And now exhale"

Stras had been my best friend since middle school. The way we met was that he accidentally threw cake at me but I laughed it off and started a whole food fight. We automatically clicked after that. 

Stras's band MRFY was going on tour with Joker Out but unfortunately for him their bassist Lenart had gotten into a car crash which sent him to the hospital a week before they would leave for their first location, Persaro in Italy. 

"How will we be able to perform without a bassist? It is impossible. We don't fake anything on stage and will not play with playback" Stras sniffled.

"Just ask someone to cover for Lenart" I casually said.

Stras didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Lydia.......will you please perform on stage with us for the European tour?" He said in his baby voice to try to convince me.

"Absolutely not Stras" I told him.

"Lydia you have to do it. Do it for me" Stras begged me. "You are the best bassist I know of, but don't tell Lenart that" 

"You know I can't do that" 

"Oh my fucking god. Just forget about about your little beef with Bojan, and come and support me" Stras put his hands on mine.

"I hate the guy so much, I will not be able to live being with him for 3 months straight" I looked him into the eyes.

He started making puppy eyes at me. "Please you are my only hope" 

I don't think I have ever hated a man more than I hated Bojan. We never really clicked with each other, more because he did not seem to like me at all. Bojan had made my life a living hell. He ruined my reputation years ago and people still talked about it.

My father worked for the government and was in control of what accounts they would sponsor money to. My mother had just gotten into the hospital because she got cancer and had to go though a lot of surgeries, we didn't have any health insurance so it quickly took all of our money. My father had to "borrow" some money to pay for it all, which resulted in that we stole from the governments money. It wasn't noticed at all at the time.

Years later I was in a bar with Stras and some of the guys from Joker Out. I thought I was alone when I confessed what my father had done to Stras but apparently Bojan was right behind us listening to our conversation. Bojan then went on to tell an interviewer when he was drunk what my father had done and it resulted in my father going to jail for it.

When I saw the article I confronted Bojan about but he wasn't even faced by what he had said. He actually looked quite proud of what he had done to me. That was the moment my hatred started towards him. It only went further as the years went by. He always made sure to make sure that whenever I was at a social event to make me feel uncomfortable or unwanted.

On the other hand I did the exact same thing to him. Every time I was out with Stras in Slovenia and managed to spot Bojan, I always either managed to scare the girl away he was trying to pull, or I would take the girl home. It made Bojan absolutely mad.

"Stras I can't even be in the same room with him before he starts making assumptions about me or my family. He is the biggest idiot I know of and I have no idea why you are even friends with him" I rolled my eyes just the thought of Bojan.