Chapter 22

The worst part of working for yourself was that when you didn't have a project to work on, you went downhill. Since I had finished touring alongside MRFY and Joker Out two weeks ago I had gone into a depressive episode.

Stras would normally help me through it and get me to actually do something with my life but as soon as we got back to Ljubljana, he decided to go on vacation with some girl he had met on tour. He texted me the first week but I lost my phone somewhere in my apartment and hadn't heard from it since.

My apartment was the definition of a pure mess. My room was probably the only room that wasn't covered in my mess, mostly because I hadn't been in there since about 10 days ago. I had spent all my time laying on my sofa in front of the television. I had ordered food so I didn't have to cook anything myself.

I really was living so shitty because I felt shitty about myself. It only made me feel worse that I knew I should be doing something but then not doing anything about it.

I had been binge watching The Office for hours on end.
There was a knock on the door who I thought had been my usual delivery guy but it was weird since I hadn't ordered anything.

When I went to open the door I found Jan and Kris standing outside. The look on their face when they saw me was horrifying.

"Jesus Christ Lia. I guess Stras was right" Jan commented and entered my apartment. I was honestly really embarrassed about the mess I had made so I quick started collecting all my mess.

"Fuck I didn't expect you guys to stop by" I mumbled as I gathered it all.

"I'm glad we did before this situation got any worse" Kris told me. "Stras should have informed us a bit earlier"

"Have you talked to Stras?" I asked them.

"Yeah he told us to check up on you since you hadn't answered him for a week. He also told us that you might have gone into a depressive state so we should be careful" Jan said.

Kris walked towards me and gave me a hug. I hadn't received a hug for so long so it felt so good as he wrapped his arms around me. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"I'm just so fucking stressed these days. I haven't been able to pull myself together and actually go out and find some work. I consider calling up Zare but then I found out that he is in USA working on some new projects" I rambled.

I would always just jump on Zare's projects and help out the artist or band. Zare was my mentor while I was still developing my own brand as a producer.

"Alright how about you take a nice long shower meanwhile we clean this apartment up and then after we will go out for some lunch" Jan suggested.

I agreed to go along with it. I hopped in the shower and did everything. I exfoliated, shaved, double shampoo, hair mask and washed in the shower. I finally had a reason to actually go outside my door for so long and I really needed to pamper myself to get myself out of that state.

It probably took me about an hour to shower. I walked out into the living room with my hair in a towel turban and a towel around my body. They had managed to get all the trash away and Kris was now washing the floors.

Kris handed me my phone that had been missing for a week now. There were a shit ton of messages from both Stras, my father and a bunch of others all worrying about me. I made a mental note to text them all laterz

"Let's find an outfit" Jan followed me towards my room where he picked out a pair of black jeans for me, a grey top and a grey sweater.