Chapter 24: Elite Ten Deliberations

Inside the grand meeting room, the Elite Ten Council gathered to finalize the participants for the upcoming elections. Among them were Satoshi Isshiki, Terunori Kuga, Etsuya Eizan, Nene Kinokuni, Eishi Tsukasa, Rindō Kobayashi, Tōsuke Megishima, Momo Akanegakubo, and Sōmei Saitō. Erina Nakiri, the council's 10th seat, sat with an air of disapproval, eyeing Catalina and Sōma with disdain.

Isshiki, curious at Erinas reactions couldnt help but question her. "Erina, it seems you believe that young Soma and Catalina should not be in the elections, why?."

Erina's eyes flashed with anger, but before she could respond, Eishi, the council's 1st seat, interrupted. "Our focus should be on determining the participants who have proven themselves worthy."

The room fell into a brief silence as the council members contemplated their decision.

Eventually, the board took a vote, and it ended with an 8-2 majority in favor of allowing Catalina and Sōma to participate.

Erina's frustration grew palpable, but Rindō, known for her playful nature, chimed in. "Ah, the two troublemakers made it in! I can't wait to see what you bring to the table, my favorite firstie."

Erina scowled at Rindō's comment, feeling her position being undermined. However, the decision had been made, and she had to accept it.

Part Two: Heartfelt Reunions

A few days later, as the students gathered for the official announcement of the Preliminary Participants, Catalina found herself surrounded by familiar faces. The Aldini brothers, Takumi and Isami, approached her with warm smiles.

"Catalina! Sōma! You're my rivals in this competition!," Takumi exclaimed, his competitive spirit shining through.

Catalina laughed and nodded in agreement. "Absolutely! We'll give you a run for your money, but remember, we're all still friends outside the kitchen."

As they conversed, Catalina noticed a slightly skinnier version of Isami standing nearby. She couldn't contain her excitement and rushed over to hug him. "Isami! You're here too! I'm glad to see you!"

Isami blushed and returned the hug, feeling a sense of warmth and acceptance. "I couldn't miss this opportunity, especially when you and Sōma are participating. Let's do our best, Catalina."

Before they parted ways, Ryo Kurokiba approached Catalina, pulling her close and patting her head gently as Alice exclaimed. "You better not disappoint, Catalina. Don't cry when I defeat the both of you!"

Catalina grinned and gave Ryo a playful punch on the arm and told Alice, "Of course I'll take both of you on in this competition."