Chapter 25: The Shiomi Seminar

Sōma and Megumi stepped into the Shiomi Seminar building, greeted by the sight of a young girl on the ground, diligently working on her spice mixtures. Sōma approached her, asking if she could relay a message to Jun Shiomi, stating that he had come seeking her help as suggested by his father.

The girl looked up, her eyes filled with determination and a touch of mischief. Without warning, she swiftly punched Sōma, revealing herself to be Jun Shiomi. She made it clear that she had no intention of remembering him, still harboring emotional scars from being Jōichirō Saiba's taste tester for his failed dishes.

As Sōma recovered from the punch, a dark-skinned boy entered the room. It was Akira Hayama, Jun's assistant. Jun, engrossed in her explanation, finally agreed to help Sōma after initially considering only assisting Megumi.

Inside the kitchen, Akira invited Sōma and Megumi to taste his spice-infused dishes. As they savored the flavors, Sōma noticed Akira's unique cooking style—never once looking at the pot but relying solely on his sense of smell to gauge the dish's progress.

Just as the trio was engrossed in their culinary discussion, Catalina made her entrance, exuding her signature sass and curiosity. She approached Jun with a small gift, catching the girl's attention. After a brief chat and some playful banter, Jun nudged Catalina toward the kitchen to join Sōma, Megumi, and Akira.

In the kitchen, Akira's eyes widened in surprise as Catalina demanded to know where the delicious aroma was coming from. She wasted no time in giving Akira an affectionate hug, which left Sōma and Megumi taken aback. Catalina, ever bold and confident, helped herself to some of the food Akira had prepared, much to his amusement and exasperation.

As the enticing aroma of Akira's curry dishes filled the room, Catalina couldn't resist indulging in a hearty first serving. She savored the flavors, her taste buds dancing with delight. Feeling satisfied but still craving more, she turned to Akira with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Catalina: Akira, this is delicious! Can I have seconds?

Akira smirked playfully, his eyes gleaming with amusement.

Akira: More? You're such a foodie, Catalina.

He gently poked her in the stomach, causing her to playfully swat his hand away.

Catalina: Hey now, watch where you're poking. All this food goes straight to my butt and thighs, you know. Guess I'm blessed in that department.

She winked at him, relishing in their flirty banter. Akira chuckled, captivated by her playful spirit.Akira: Well, if that's the case, I suppose you can have as many servings as you like. I wouldn't want your blessings to go to waste.

Catalina grinned, thoroughly enjoying their lighthearted exchange. 

Akira then turned his attention to Sōma, revealing that he had been keeping track of his achievements and amusing dishes throughout their time at Tōtsuki Academy. He declared his ambition to rise to the top and challenged Sōma to surpass him.

Grateful for the food and inspired by the friendly rivalry, Sōma thanked Akira and promised to present a curry dish at the preliminaries that would surpass his own. It was a declaration that ignited a fiery determination in both of them.

Interrupting the intense atmosphere, Catalina stepped in front of Akira, flashing him a warm smile. "Hey, moody boy, you look much better when you smile," she remarked playfully. She then asked him to close his eyes, revealing a thoughtful gift she had brought from her home.

Catalina's gift was carefully chosen, reflecting Akira's love for spices and his extraordinary sense of smell. It could be something like a rare blend of exotic spices or a special fragrance that enhanced his olfactory senses, reminding him of his unique talent.As Akira opened his eyes to the surprise gift, a genuine smile spread across his face. Catalina's gesture had managed to brighten his mood and further strengthen the bond between the group, setting the stage for the challenges and adventures that lay ahead in their culinary journey.