carnival

You carried pink cotton candy so big and fluffy it covered your face, it looked like you were holding a cloud as Tom handed it to you after he bought himself some blue cotton candy too. You ripped a piece out of it, chucking it into your mouth as you chewed onto the soft texture that tore apart between your teeth with ease, allowing the sweet sugary taste to sprinkle along your tongue. "Thank you Tommy." you thanked him, placing a quick kiss onto his cheek as he gave you a smile, his cheeks more pink than the cotton candy you were holding. "You're welcome, love." he grinned at you, as you headed away from the man who stood at the cotton candy machine, more people waiting in line so they could get some too.

Tom trailed behind you, as you looked around the bright colourful setting that had a variety of amazing rides and food stalls, along with some game stands too. The game stands were decorated with big fluffy plushies, which made you feel excited to win some good prizes. The smell of the food filled your nostrils, as your stomach rumbled and it probably wasn't the most adult choice to eat some cotton candy before eating proper food, but you and Tom were too childish for that and decided to do so anyways. You could hear the cheerful screams full of excitement and adrenaline from the people who sat in the rides, enjoying the thrill. You couldn't wait to go on rides, play some games, eat some good food, and most importantly, spend time with Tom.

"What do you wanna go on first?" you asked him, as his eyes scanned the setting, he looked as excited as you. "Hmm.." he hummed, as he began to think, whilst chewing on his blue cotton candy. "What about we go on something slow first like the ferris wheel since we're still eating our cotton candy, and I was thinking bumper cars afterwards." he suggested, you knew he was most excited about riding the bumper cars and you couldn't blame him, bumper cars are the best. "That sounds like a great idea." you smiled, as you took a hold of his hand and led him to the big ferris wheel that towered over the other rides, it was the biggest of them all, the highlight of the entire carnival as it was decorated in bright glowing lights which faded to different colours of the rainbow.

"Wow." you looked up at it, as you and Tom stared with your mouths agaped, completely astonished by how spectacular the scenery of the ferris wheel was, you could see why it was one of the most popular rides globally, and why it was included in every carnival that took place in the country. "Let's go let's go!" you shrieked, bouncing up and down with excitement as Tom laughed at you. You waited in line, till the ferris wheel came to a stop so a new batch of people could ride it. You and Tom moved forward in line, as you reached the seat and the man who operated the ferris wheel guided you into a seat.

You sat down, as Tom sat next to you and you both waited impatiently, fidgeting around in your seats as you gazed out, before you felt the ride begin to move. You took more bites out of the cotton candy, Tom did the same.

"Oh it's happeninggg" you sang, as you felt yourself beginning to raise up higher into the air. You glanced over at Tom, who never stopped smiling, his face beaming and expressing his excitement. You finished your cotton candy, only the white stick remaining. As you got higher into the air, you held onto Tom's hand as he squeezed yours.  You were now nearly at the highest point the ferris wheel could reach, as you and Tom watched the buildings and people beneath you grow smaller and smaller as you disappeared off higher into the air.

You gazed out deeply into the distance, you could see the bright city lights scatterred amongst the tall buildings. "Woah." Tom said, his jaw fell open as he stared down intensely at the beautiful view. You couldn't help but find it cute at his expression, how focused he was on the eye catching setting. You planted a gentle kiss onto his cheek, as his face rested and his mouth closed, his eyebrows raising back down as he glanced over at you with a smile, his cheeks tinting into red.

"You look so cute when you see something you like." you complimented, as he nervously looked away from you, smiling so hard crinkles formed around his eyes. He covered his face with his hands, slouching forward with his elbows on his knees. "You can't say shit like that to me y/n." he said, as you giggled. Your hand raked through his hair, brushing his blonde dreads out between your fingers as they moved through between the gaps. He leaned back up, looking at you still with his face all red and his little smile that made your heart flutter. "Why not honey?" you asked as you smiled at him, revealing all your teeth.

"Because my heart could pop." he answered, as he leaned forward and planted a kiss onto your lips, his lips were soft and fit like a glove as they enveloped between yours. He tilted his head slowly over to the side, as his lips deepened further into yours, you leaned back as he leaned forward into you. Your hands at the back of his neck, your fingers feeling some of his hair as you felt the cold metal ball of his piercing graze your skin, tickling your lips. You felt his hands snake around your waist, pulling your torso closer to his till your chest pressed up against his.

He finally pulled away from you, your lips wet and coated with his saliva as his were red and swollen like yours. His thumb rubbed away the remaining saliva on your lips, as he placed a quick peck against your forehead.

"I love you." he said to you, as he pulled you in for a hug, his hands never leaving your waist as you felt the weight of his chin resting on top of your head, before he placed a kiss onto it.

"I love you too."

-

A/N: i kinda wanna make a part 2 to this where they go on the bumper cars... thoughts? i rlly liked this chapter, probably my favourite ngl. hope u enjoyed!