braided hair

You rested your head down. You hated physics with your entire heart. The class was boring and so was the teacher.

The only good thing about the class was the fact that you were with your friend, Tom.

However, he sat behind you so he'd always throw paper balls and other little stuff at you to annoy you. And the teacher never noticed. Whenever you turned around to confront him, he'd quickly look away and pretend it wasn't him, but you knew it was.

You heard a paper being scrunched up behind you.

"Tom, do not." you warned.

"What the fuck... How'd you know?" you heard him say from behind you.

"Magic." you smiled, your head still resting down onto your desk with your arms crossed.

"Y/n, wake up." the teacher called.

"Huh?" you jolted up, blinking yourself awake.

"Yeah y/n." Tom said, you turned around in your chair and gave him a death stare as he laughed at you. You turned back around and laid your head back down, ignoring your teacher.

You felt someone's hand playing with your hair, as you felt sort of calm and relaxed, enjoying the feeling. It was therapeutic.

You took in a deep breathe, as the hands raked through your hair gently.

"Tom, is that you?" you asked.

"Who's Tom?" you heard Tom say, in a forced high-pitched voice.

You laughed. "You're so stupid."

"Fine then." Tom said, jerking his hands back to himself.

"No wait don't stop!" you leaned up.

"Aw, what's the magic word?" he teased.

You rolled your eyes, "please." you said.

"Please who?"

"You."

He remained stubborn.

"Please, Tom." you gave in.

"Is y/n begging for me?" he laughed.

"Shut up and play with it!" you yelled.

"Shut up and play with it!" he mocked, forcing his voice to be higher.

"Tom!"

"Alright, alright. Bossy." he scoffed, as his hands began to drag through your hair against softly, you closed your eyes.

"You like that?"

"Mhm." you hummed.

"Play with mine next." he told you, you nodded as his fingers massaged through your scalp.

After a few more minutes, he stopped. You sighed in disappointment, opening your eyes as your hand traced over your hair to feel a braid.

"Did you braid it?" you asked, turning around to face him.

"Yup." he smiled proudly.

"Take it out!" you said.

"Fine! You don't appreciate my work." he said, as his fingers began untangling your hair quickly.

"Play with mine now." he said, smiling excitedly after he finished undoing your hair, whipping his head around as his dreads faced you.

You smiled at him, he was so cute sometimes.

-