Turnabout Sisters - Day 0 - Investigation, Part 1

________________________________

September 5, 2016, 9:08 PM

Fey & Co. Law Offices

________________________________

Phoenix: Uh oh, I'm late.

The door creaked open as Phoenix entered the unlit waiting room to Mia's Office. To the left was the reception desk where (Y/N) usually sat at in the afternoon, dealing with clients. At night, the waiting room was typically vacant.

Phoenix glanced around, hoping to spot either (Y/N) or the chief. Finding neither, he worried that they might've gone out without him. He was only 8 minutes late, surely they could've waited for at least two more?

Phoenix: Huh, that's strange. The chief must have gone home already. She said her sister was coming over so we should all go out for dinner...

He stopped voicing his thoughts as he caught a peculiar whiff in the air. It wasn't a pleasant one, unfortunately.

Phoenix: ... What's that smell...?

His eyes widened. He knew what the smell was. And it never led to anything good.

Phoenix: Blood...? Mia! (Maybe she's in her office!)

Phoenix ran into Mia's office, anxious and worried for her safety.

From the office door, the sight of upturned chairs, books, scattered paper and pencils, and even an upturned Charley was visible

From the office door, the sight of upturned chairs, books, scattered paper and pencils, and even an upturned Charley was visible. But that wasn't important right now. The distinct stench of blood still permeated the air, getting even stronger.

Phoenix: That smell... Blood!

???: ... *sob* Sis...

Phoenix's ears perked up.

Phoenix: (Someone's there!)

He wasn't expecting to hear a voice in the same office. It wasn't (Y/N)'s—his voice wasn't that high-pitched. Speaking of, where was he? He turned towards the direction of the sobbing voice.