Turnabout Sisters - END

________________________________

September 9, 2016, 8:55 PM

Fey & Co. Law Offices

________________________________

(Y/N) enters the Fey & Co. Law Offices and looks around for a bit. No sign of Phoenix or Maya (or Mia for that matter.) He was only 5 minutes early, but even that was apparently too early for some. He sat down on the couch, making himself comfortable, and waited. 

He thought about random things, before it eventually wandered to Mia. He fiddled with her former scarf—now his—wrapped around his neck. He had already come to terms with her death and made his peace with her, but it still didn't feel right to just move on completely.

After all, the offices were still named after her, and they had spent over 3 years together in them. He would be with her for several hours at a time, every single day. Every laughter, every cry, everything.

Even though he COULD technically see Mia again through the use of spirit channeling, Maya was still in training and thus couldn't perform it on the spot. Plus, using one friend just to get to another felt kind of rude. He liked both Maya and Mia. He only wished he could spend time with the both of them.

(Y/N) whipped out his phone and checked the time. Only three minutes had passed. It was kind of settling being alone in the dark like this, especially considering all that's happened recently. (Y/N) put his phone back in his pocket and stared at the door, waiting for someone to show up.

???: Boo!

(Y/N) felt his heart stop for a brief moment as he jumped in his seat and turned around to meet the wannabe ghost.

(Y/N): Maya! You scared me! How long have you been here?

Maya giggled and sat down on the couch next to (Y/N).

Maya: A while, actually! I was in the other room. I like your scarf, by the way.

(Y/N): Oh, thanks. What for?

Maya: Oh, I was just looking through some old cases you and Mia solved together to pass the time.

Maya clasped her hands together, suddenly remembering something.

Maya: Hey, that reminds me! You knew Mr. Edgeworth, right?

(Y/N): Yeah, I did. I work on a case with him a long time ago. But, we're not really friends, I think. More like acquaintances.

Maya: Yeah, feels that way. Nick sure seemed to really know the guy, though.

(Y/N): Nick? Oh, you mean Mr. Wright.