𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Gotham City

August 27, 06:17 EDT

Aqualad grunts, continuing to fight Clayface. The monster throws the Atlantean, causing him to slam into the back of a wall, leaving a massive crack in it, and fall to the ground. The creature stomps forward, passing the unconscious heroes: Miss Martian, Superboy, Robin, Silk, and Kid Flash. Clayface lets out an ear-piercing roar, transforming his hand into a mallet, about to strike Aqualad.

All of a sudden, Batman arrives from above the facility, breaking the glass. He throws explosive batarangs at the creature, who swipes at him after the explosion goes off. Batman dodges, performing a backflip, then he pulls out a taser, electrocuting Clayface, the monster screeching in pain from the volts. The electrocution causes Clayface to melt, reducing him to a puddle of clay.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Mount Justice

August 27, 07:58 EDT

Back at the Cave, Batman tells the heroes why the mission went south. After doing so, he announces:

"I need to talk to Aqualad. The rest of you hit the showers, and head home."

"Head home? I am home," Superboy remarks.

"Just Aqualad," Batman speaks, telling Silk and Robin to head off somewhere else.

"I am sorry you had to intervene. I know the Team performed poorly---"

"The Team performed adequately. The problem was you. You're their leader and your head wasn't in the game," Batman cuts off Aqualad, telling him the truth.

"No, you are... Uh...correct. Of late, I am not even convinced I belong on the surface world. For so many years it filled my every thought. But now that I am here my dreams are all Atlantis," Aqualad answers.

"Atlantis...or someone you left behind?" Batman theorizes.

"You can split your time between the surface and the sea, but not your mind. Either you're here one hundred percent or you need to walk away. Make a decision, Kaldur, and make it soon," Batman tells him, proceeding to walk away from the Atlantean, who ponders on the notion.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Gotham City

August 27, 19:34 EDT

Cindy manages to finish her homework on time from her school, Gotham Academy where she and Dick learn.

"Ugh, I hate math," Cindy whines, letting out a huge sigh of relief after she completes the paperwork.

Cindy gets a text from Dick, it reading:

"Bruce just sent Artemis an admission letter for Gotham Academy so she can start attending school with us."

"That's not stalker-ish at all," Cindy mutters, replying to the text.