𝐢𝐱. 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Gotham City

September 22, 08:00 EDT

Artemis uncomfortably tugs on her skirt, wishing it would go down to her knees. Then, a girl with blonde, curly hair and blue eyes speaks to the girl.

"Artemis, I'm Bette, your new student liaison. Welcome to Gotham Academy," the girl introduces politely.

"Thanks. Ahem, I'm Artemis. But you knew that," she replies nervously.

"Dick, what are you doing?" Cindy mutters apprehensively, as the boy drags her toward Artemis.

"We'll laugh about this someday," Dick says with a grin, bringing Cindy into the picture, and wrapping an arm around the black-haired girl, while Cindy drapes her arm around Artemis' shoulders, giving a thumbs-up in the photo with a smile. The phone camera flashes, and the boy and girl disappear, leaving Artemis stunned.

"Uh, who were they?" Artemis wonders, asking Bette.

"Freshmen. Ignore them," Bette answers, leading Artemis into the school.

"Dick, Cindy, what was that about?" Barbara questions, crossing her arms.

"Nothing, Barbara. Just being friendly to the new girl," Dick responds with a smile.

Barbara turns to leave, Dick and Cindy proceeding to follow her.

"Send me that photo, please," Cindy tells Dick, who nods with a small smile.

Then, the trio heads off to class once the bell rings.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

Artemis approaches the out-of-order phonebooth to teleport to the Cave. Unbeknownst to the blonde archer, Silk, and Robin were right behind her.

"Artemis?" Robin asks in amusement with a grin.

"Robin? Silk? I, uh..."

"How random that you're in Gotham City instead of Star City where your Uncle, Green Arrow lives," Robin tells her. Silk watches the scene in front of her with entertainment.

"I wish I had popcorn right now," Silk mutters under her breath.

"I'm, uh, here to see my cousin. She was in the state spelling bee here in Gotham City," Artemis explains, placing a nervous hand on the back of her head.

"C-O-O-L. Did she W-I-N?" Robin asks the blonde.

"N-O," Artemis responds, narrowing her eyes at the young boy.

"D-R-A-G," Robin says with a confident smirk.

"Yeah. Let's just go to the Cave," Artemis declares, annoyed with Robin's interrogation.

"Ladies first," Robin tells Artemis and Silk.

"Your town. You go," Artemis states, placing both hands on her hips, and glancing at Silk and Robin.