𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Markovburg

February 16th, 01:33 EET

Halo opens a Boomtube, and Beta Squad arrives at the Palace. Beta Squad consists of Tigress, Halo, Forager, Superboy, Silk, and Nightwing,

"You!" DeLamb asks in surprise.

"Yeah. Me," Superboy responds, cracking his knuckles.

The heroes start to run after DeLamb. However, they get brought to their knees by Count Vertigo, using his power on them. The heroes groan in pain, clutching their heads.

"Gamma to beta. We've rescued the hostages and taken down Doctor X. How's it going at the Palace?" Miss Martian asks through communications.

"Just a... second," Nightwing says in a pained tone.

Silk slowly lifts her head, carefully aiming a web at Vertigo, having him stuck to the Palace wall, while Nightwing throws an escrima stick at the villain, rendering him unconscious.

"Jected!" Nightwing exclaims.

"Beta to Gamma. Vertigo's down," Silk speaks through her earpiece.

"Sending Tigress and Halo to Alpha," Nightwing adds.

"On our way," Tigress replies.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

Nightwing, Silk, Forager, and Superboy run onto the scene. They notice DeLamb is killed by Brion...

"Oh no..." Silk utters worriedly, her eyes widened in shock.

"What happened?" Nightwing questions.

"Oh, Brion," Superboy says disappointed.

The people of Markovia chant Brion's name, rejoicing. Then, the Prince turns around, surprised that Halo has an expression of horror on her face.

"I had to do it. Don't you see?" Brion asks Halo, who takes a step back from him.

"You crossed a line we don't cross," Superboy tells Brion.