𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐖𝐚𝐫

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| The Watchtower

May 23rd, 21:21 EDT

"We've been tracking something on long-range scanners. It's on a direct course for Earth. It's about to pass in front of Rhea, one of the moons of Saturn," Captain Atom speaks, displaying a metallic planet with yellow specks.

"Not in front of Rhea. Behind it. That thing, whatever it is, is huge!" Nightwing exclaims in awe.

"Looks like another planet or civilization to me," Silk adds, placing both hands on her hips, and observing the large, metallic sphere.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Taos

May 23, 20:30 MDT

At S.T.A.R. Labs, Green Beetle briefs Captain Atom, Nightwing, Silk, and Adam Strange of the approaching threat known as Mongul, who controls the Warworld, the large gray, metallic sphere Silk remembers.

"Thank you all for coming. My scarab has accessed the Reach's database for intelligence on the approaching threat. It is called the Warworld. A massive artificial satellite slightly smaller than Earth's moon. It is a missile doomsday weapon created millennia ago by a now understandably extinct alien race. It is self-powering and self-sustaining. Thanks to an endless supply of worker drones providing repair and battle drones providing security. The Warworld was reactivated by a crystal key long thought lost. Yet somehow the Warworld's current commander found it. That commander, Mongul, now sits at the Warworld's helm which receives and transmits his every thought allowing him to control all of the Warworld's functions. Trajectory, weapons, and drones without moving a muscle," Green Beetle explains, providing a holographic display of the Warworld in front of the heroes.

"Who is this Mongul?" Captain Atom wonders.

"Long ago, he was the sole dictator of his home planet. But he was ousted by another tyrant and is determined to reclaim his throne," Green answers.

"So what does that have to do with us?" Silk questions.

"Mongul has determined the surest way to take back his world is to first conquer the entire Galaxy. One can only assume he now views Earth as a threat to that plan. And so he comes with enough firepower to destroy your world," Green clarifies, causing Silk's eyes to widen in surprise.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| The Watchtower

May 26, 06:59 EDT

Nightwing, Silk, Aquaman, and Captain Atom stand side-by-side in the Watchtower, Captain Atom attempting to arrange negotiations with Mongul.