𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

A spaceship flies past the moon, heading in the direction of Earth. As the spacecraft nears, Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart fly closer to the ship to examine it. Batman appears nearby in a spacecraft behind them.

"Deploying camera sensor units," Batman announces, ejecting the devices into space.

"Attention. You have entered the boundaries of Earth space. Disengage all weapons and engines. This is your final warning," Stewart orders.

All of a sudden, the ship powers up, causing the Lanterns to use their forcefields to protect themselves against the laser. The Lantern's forcefields break and then get hit, disintegrating into nothing.

"Code red. Full offensive deploy," Batman commands, and some of the Leaguers fly out from a hatch in the ship Batman flies containing Superman, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel.

The ship's beam attempts to hit the heroes again, the Leaguers dodging one of the hits. However, it completely disintegrates Superman and Martian Manhunter. Captain Marvel and Captain Atom end up with the same fate as the Kryptonian and Martian a few seconds later, leaving Batman alone. Suddenly, the ship Batman was on gets hit by another laser, obliterating the spaceship. Now in the space pod, Batman watches in shock at how to ship successfully eradicated the League with just a simple blast. Moments pass, and Batman is shot by a tinier ship, shooting him with the laser, causing Batman to evaporate.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Mount Justice

October 16, 16:01 EDT

Red Tornado and the Team look at the holographic screen in horror. Then, an incoming transmission takes place on another screen.

"Batman...he's gone..." Silk says in shock, her eyes widened.

Robin doesn't say anything. Instead, he places his arms around the girl, who lets a few tears cascade down her face, mourning the supposed death of Batman, her and Robin's mentor.

"Tornado, did you---"

"Yes, Zatara, we saw. Celestial defenses have failed. Initiate all terrestrial measures," Tornado declares.

"Affirmative. See you in the field," Zatara responds, ending the communication, the holographic screen fading.

"I must join the League. We will protect the planet at all costs. But should we fail the responsibility falls to you," Tornado speaks.

"We stand ready," Aqualad responds in understanding.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

"This is Iris West Allen reporting live. The extraterrestrials have brought their relentless global attack to Central City," Iris reports. Behind her, an abundance of civilians gets blasted by the beam, disintegrating.

Flash quickly sprints over to the journalist, saving her life. Next, Zatara chants a spell, causing the cameraman to teleport safely to a rooftop of a nearby building. Flash makes it to the top of the building and gently places Iris on the ground.