𝐱. 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Happy Harbor

October 15th, 18:03 EDT

"Nightwing, B-0-1."

"Silk, B-0-2."

"Looking for something?" Dick questions, as he and Cindy notice Brion abruptly leaving the garage.

"Actually, yes, because neither of you will tell me anything," Brion responds, irritated.

"There was nothing to tell, until now," Cindy tells Brion.

"That's why we're here," Dick adds.

"Your sister, Tara, was on Santa Prisca but has since been shipped elsewhere. We're trying to track her now," Dick reveals.

"So she was there. And your delays cost us the chance to rescue her!" Brion yells at the couple furiously.

"It's more complicated than that, Brion," Cindy starts.

"We need you to be patient," Dick speaks, placing a comforting hand on Brion's shoulder.

Then, Dick and Cindy start to walk away from Brion.

"Do not turn your backs on me!" Brion yells angrily, tackling Dick to the ground.

Dick throws Brion off him, and the banished Prince lands harshly on his back. Cindy helps Dick to his feet, and they glance at Brion.

Brion tries to punch Cindy, but she dodges the attempt, and she jabs Brion in the abdomen, sending him back on the ground again. Then, Brion reveals his Geo-Force outfit, burning off his previous one. Brion growls in anger toward the two mentors.

"So, what's your next move? Roast us alive for suggesting you exercise patience?" Dick questions, narrowing his eyes at Brion. Cindy stands beside Dick, crossing both arms over her chest.

"Patience!' Patience, patience. What is the magic of patience? You two preach patience! My brother preaches patience! Once upon a time, my parents sang the same song of patience! Where did all of that patience get any of us?" Brion lashes out at the two in anger, a small pool of lava forming under his feet.

"Brion, you can't just rush in without a plan to save Tara. We need more intel on her whereabouts, then we'll devise a plan and save her," Cindy tells Brion sternly.

"Huh. Okay. Yeah, now I get it. See, I think you know we're doing everything we can to find Tara. So, is this really about her, or is it about Markovia?" Dick inquires.

"What?" Brion asks in surprise.

"You've been online every day, every hour, obsessively following your brother's every move," Dick states, crossing both arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes at Brion.

"You hacked my phone?" Brion questions in shock.

"Stay focused, Brion. Because right now, you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he's lost, or a man looking forward to what he might become?" Dick asks the banished Prince before he and Cindy turn around, walking away from Brion. They hear Brion storm off shortly after.

Cindy places her hand in Dick's, gently squeezing it.

"You okay?" Cindy asks concernedly, looking at Dick.

Dick sighs. "Brion just needs more patience," he whispers to the spider-themed heroine, watching Brion stomp away.

Cindy nods. "It just depends on how more patient he can be if he can be at all," Cindy responds, earning a nod from Dick.

"Besides, I think he needs to blow off some steam. No pun intended, of course," Cindy tells Dick, causing him to let out a small chuckle.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Mount Justice

October 15th, 19:07 EDT

Cindy and Dick sit on a rock beside Brion.

"Are all three of us okay?" Dick asks Brion.

Brion nods in response.

"Are you alright, Brion?" Cindy questions.

Brion chuckles. "I wasn't, but moving forward, I think I will be," Brion tells the couple, smiling at them before looking out into the ocean again. Dick gently squeezes Cindy's hand as the three of them gaze out into the ocean with smiles on their faces.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.