𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Mount Justice

November 4th, 10:21 EST

Tara looks at the breakfast burrito she holds in curiosity. She takes a small bite of the burrito, satisfied with the taste.

"I cannot believe this is your first breakfast burrito. An entire meal wrapped in a warm tortilla, pure enjoyment for mouth and hands," Violet gushes as Brion, Victor, Forager, and Tara eat their burritos. Violet proceeds to take a bite of her burrito as Brion chuckles.

"My sister and I were raised in a castle where eating with one's hands was not encouraged," Brion responds to Violet's comment.

Victor chuckles. "I'm guessing you only ate with those silver spoons you were born with, huh?" The ex-football player questions in amusement.

"Hmm. And your life with your eminent scientist father was one of economic hardship?" Brion asks Victor with a grin.

"Uh, no," Victor replies awkwardly, eating his burrito.

"Maybe this would be a good time to get to it," Cindy suggests to Dick, who nods in agreement.

"Listen, you've all reached a crossroads. Vic, you have your own decisions to make, but Brion, Tara, Violet, and Forager, we feel the four of you are ready to work with the Justice League's covert-ops team to help mankind," Dick announces with a smile.

"But being a hero isn't for everyone. This is a choice you each have to make for yourself. And the decision you make now doesn't have to be a permanent one," Conner adds.

"Uh, no judgment from us either way," Artemis says.

"The decision is completely up to you," Cindy states.

"You've already risked your lives for each other and the meta-teens we rescued in Bialya. That's enough," Dick speaks.

"I've made my choice. And Bialya has proven I made the right one. To protect the innocent, no matter the danger," Brion states.

"But facing danger isn't a mandatory part of our mission. Troia of Themyscira and Garth of Atlantis both left the front lines. Now they fight the good fight inside the system as ambassadors to the United Nations," Conner says.

"And you need to know there is no shame in leaving this life behind. A few years back, I quit the Team with Wally West," Artemis speaks, clearing her throat, frowning. Cindy places a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"The first Kid Flash. We went to college, rented an apartment. We had a life together," Artemis says, wiping away a couple of tears as Cindy rubs Artemis' back soothingly.

"And then Wally, my best friend, came back to the 'Life' and sacrificed everything, so we could all be here today," Dick states.