𝐯𝐢. 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐡𝐬

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Cape Canaveral

March 19, 21:22 EDT

Silk attempts to perform CPR on Artemis with tears spilling out of her eyes. Nightwing watches the woman with worry, knowing the blonde is already deceased.

"28...29...30," Silk mutters, breathing into Artemis' mouth.

Nightwing gently grabs her shoulder, pulling the woman from Artemis' unmoving body.

"Cindy, she's---"

"She not. She can't be," Silk looks up at Nightwing, tears falling down her face.

"I'm sorry," Nightwing tells her as she lets out a few sobs, clutching onto Nightwing, crying into his chest as he kneels down with her, wrapping his arms around the saddened woman. Nightwing kisses the top of her head, soothingly rubbing her back.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Mount Justice

March 19, 11:42 EDT

"They're both gonna wind up our responsibility aren't they?" Mal questions Nightwing and Silk, along with Superboy standing beside him. Images of Impulse and the original Roy Harper appear on the holographic screen.

"Not exactly. Bart, Impulse, is staying with Jay and Joan Garrick in Central City," Silk replies, crossing both arms over her chest.

"And Roy, the original Speedy, is recuperating at Royal Memorial Hospital in Star City. Arrows, Green, and Red are watching over him," Nightwing mentions.

"Mm-hmm. They're both gonna wind up our responsibility," Mal responds, unconvinced of the two hero's words.

"Doesn't everything? I mean, where are we on identifying the Light's new partner?" Superboy wonders, causing Silk to frown and glance at the ground in frustration, while Nightwing places two fingers on the bridge of his nose in irritation.

"No progress," Nightwing answers, causing Silk to gently rub his arm, soothing Nightwing instantly.

Then, M'gann enters the Cave with La'gaan with a laugh.

"La'gaan, don't eat so fast," she warns him as he eats numerous crab cakes.

"I can't help it, Angelfish. The idea of cooking crabs is amazing enough. But making them into little cakes?" La'gaan questions with a grin, eating another crab cake.

"Oh, oh, you're gonna choke," M'gann talks to him as a mother would to a child, causing Silk to cringe.

"If only," Superboy mutters angrily under his breath, causing Silk to lightly elbow the Kryptonian with her arm. She notices Nightwing smile and she lightly jabs him too, causing the man to let out a chuckle.