𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| The Warworld

May 27th, 06:04 UTC

On the Warworld, Nightwing and Silk meet up with Green and Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, and Captain Atom.

"What happened?" Silk questions, as she and Nightwing enter through a portal Fate conjured.

"What happened to the rest of our team?" Nightwing asks Blue angrily, running his hands through his hair. Silk rubs his shoulder, attempting to calm Nightwing.

"It's all my fault," Blue tells Silk and Nightwing with a disheartened expression.

"That assessment is inaccurate," Green Beetle argues.

"Just tell them what you told us," Captain Atom speaks calmly to Blue.

Nightwing crosses his arms over his chest impatiently while Silk places both hands on her hips, giving the young boy a sympathetic expression, awaiting his side of what transpired.

"We had won. We were all here in this bay and Wonder Girl had Mongul hogtied. Then suddenly a Boom Tube opened up right beneath our feet. I flew up and out. It was instinct, you know. But before I could do anything else, the Boom Tube closed and the others were...gone," Blue explains with a frown.

Nightwing pulls up a holographic display.

"Definitely reading Boom Tube activity," Nightwing observes on the holographic screen.

"We think Mongul may have opened the Boom Tube as a means of escape gaining the Team as captives in the bargain. The Team and worse," Captain Atom informs Silk and Nightwing.

"Impulse had the Crystal Key," Blue tells the heroes.

"So the priority is making sure no one uses it to reactivate the Warworld. Captain Marvel and Rocket are already guarding the key chamber, and the Justice League will continue guarding it in shifts until the key is found and the threat is ended," Captain Atom clarifies.

"It's all my fault," Blue speaks sadly.

Nightwing lets out a sigh.

"Stop. You didn't do anything wrong. We'll figure this out. For now---"

"Get some rest, Blue," Silk chimes in, placing a comforting hand on the hero's shoulder.

"I will ensure he gets home safely," Green offers.

"No! I wanna stay. I wanna help!" Blue exclaims.

"You will help. But right now, you need rest," Silk responds.

Doctor Fate creates another portal, and Blue turns around for a moment.

"I'm sorry," he tells the heroes.

"No. Whoever did this, they'll be sorry," Nightwing states.

Then, Blue and Green Beetle exit through the portal.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

After Captain Atom and Doctor Fate leave the Warworld, Nightwing and Silk decide to do some investigating. Nightwing walks around using his wrist's holographic projection, and Silk swings around the building using her webs.

Suddenly, Nightwing spots something, flipping off the metal beam.

"Show off," Silk comments with a small laugh.

"Only for you," Nightwing replies flirtatiously with a grin, causing Silk to blush a bit behind her bandana.

Nightwing feels a couple of dents in the floor from the scuffle earlier. Inspecting the scene, Silk notices a control panel that was destroyed by someone or something.

"Nightwing, look," Silk points out, gesturing toward the broken panel.

"Airlock's damaged," Nightwing observes, narrowing his eyes behind his mask.

Then, he looks to his right, and he and Silk crouch in front of a metal pipe, Robin's birdarang embedded into the metal.

"Robin's birdarang," he mutters, quickly scanning it with the device on his wrist, revealing some of Blue's technology on it.

"Birdarang must have scratched Blue's armor," Nightwing theorizes, causing Silk to nod in agreement.

After clearing the entire perimeter, Nightwing and Silk decide to head to Blüdhaven, to the warehouse.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Blüdhaven

May 28th, 20:04 EDT

Nightwing and Silk sit in chairs, watching the news in front of them, listening to what the Ambassador from the Reach has to announce. Nightwing toys around with Robin's birdarang, while Silk attentively watches the news.

"And in my role as the Reach's ambassador to your world, I want to take this opportunity to thank this great hero. A hero who almost single-handedly saved the planet Earth from the Warworld. He saved your lives. He saved our lives. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Blue Beetle!" The Ambassador announces.

Silk's eyes widen in shock while Nightwing glares at the screen, narrowing his eyes at Blue.

"Thank you! Thank you, all. But it is I who should express gratitude to you, Ambassador for giving a normal, average human being like me the power of the Reach, the power to save the world," Blue declares with a grin, revealing his face to the world.

Nightwing breaks the birdarang in half angrily, causing Silk to place a comforting hand on the man's shoulder.

"We will put a stop to this. We will get our Team back. We always find a way, Dick," Silk softly states toward the irate man.

Letting out a sigh, Nightwing groans. "Why are you always so right," he whines.

Silk chuckles. "It's just what I do," she replies with a smile, causing Nightwing to return the expression.

Then, the woman briefly kisses him, before placing her bandana over her mouth.

"Then we've got work to do," she announces.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.