Chapter Thirteen: The Crusade (Part 2)

POV: Henry 

So, Noah Zhang has finally caught feelings.

My grip on the phone tightens slightly, but I weigh my words carefully before responding to his offer. I can't afford to upset him, and if he's right about Maya's location being heavily guarded, then I need all the help I can get.

Still, it's foolish to agree to this without weighing the consequences.

He could be using this situation as a chance to lure me away and kill me when no one is looking. I'm sure Bianchi would pay a hefty reward in exchange for my head.

But I don't have another option.

And right now, I don't particularly care about the consequences.

Saving Maya is what's most important to me.

To hell with the rest.

"Sounds good. Send the address."

"Wallace," Noah warns.

"What?"

He hesitates, and I get the feeling he's almost as nervous about this as I am.

"Bianchi will be watching the airports. You'll have to drive in."

It's not necessarily a surprise, but the knowledge that Bianchi has prepared for this exact situation boils my blood. He's been fucking planning this. For who knows how long. Probably since the banquet.

But he won't be counting on Zhang to help me, and that could make all the difference in the world.

"Will do. I'll switch cars midway. Anything else?"

"If you're bringing backup, have them drive separately and arrive after you. Don't draw attention. Don't broadcast your arrival. I'll make sure the parking garage is open."

My jaw tenses.

Having Zhang on my side is already proving valuable, but his talent at hacking and surveillance is still unnerving. There's no telling what dirt he has on the Irish mob, if it's this easy for him to keep tabs on Bianchi.

"And once I'm there?" I ask.

"I'll meet you inside. We'll discuss payment after the girls are safe."

Again, his emphasis on the girls' safety doesn't go unnoticed.

One girl in particular, I'm willing to bet.

It'll serve me well, thankfully.

"Fine. I'll let you know when I'm close."

"No need. I'll be watching."

With that ominous line, Zhang hangs up.

A few seconds later, the address appears on my phone via text message.

The drive will take several hours.

Which means the sooner I leave, the better.

It doesn't take long for me to follow in Cian's footsteps to the closest safehouse, where Trevor and Ronan are being treated for their injuries. Cian's shitty Impala is parked out front, and thankfully the weight in the truck seems to be missing. He must have dumped the bodies on the way over.

As for the house itself, it's safe to say it won't attract attention. From the outside, it doesn't look like much. Just a faded greystone. But inside are two of our best doctors, hopefully busy saving the lives of two of my best men.

"Boss," Cian nods, as I pull into the drive.

He's lounging on the front steps, smoking a cigarette.