Chapter Eleven: The Hunt (Part 1)

POV: Henry 

Maya wakes around ten.

I've been up for a couple hours, but the devil himself couldn't drag me from this bed. Not after what Maya let me do to her last night. Not after watching her writhe in pleasure beneath me, my cock buried deep inside her.

She might be innocent as far as the mob is concerned, but she took my cock like a first rate whore last night.

Who knew my little princess secretly had a penchant for rough sex?

Oh, the things I'm going to do to her...

With her.

I've never met a woman who entices me quite like this.

Maya stirs, and inadvertently grinds her ass against my dick in the process, which hardens instantly.

"Are you sore?" I ask, ignoring the impulse to fuck her first thing in the morning.

She yawns, then turns slowly to face me. Her eyes widen as she takes in my length, but she shakes her head no.

"I'm fine."

I narrow my eyes, and a wry smile snakes across her lips.

"Okay, maybe a little."

The little devil.

"I'll go slower next time."

Her eyes widen, as if talking about sex with me is still some taboo subject. As if I didn't have my cock in her a few hours ago.

Focus.

"Are you hungry? I'll make breakfast."

Maya yawns and reaches for her phone.

"Sure. Did I...did I fall asleep?"

I nod, my eyes fixed on Maya's perfect body as she sits up. Her hair is a halo of curls. A beautiful, frizzy crown fit for a princess. Her brown skin is warm and soft against mine. She's the most gorgeous woman I've ever fucking seen. And she's in my bed.

Mine.

I was a fool to think I'd ever be able to let her walk away. I'm keeping her. Consequences be damned.

If my doing so starts a gang war with the Italians? So be it.

I was barely a teenager when the Bianchi familia attacked the Chicago mob. Barely old enough to hold on to power. I've spent the past decade taking it back piece by piece.

This time, I'll be ready.

I won't let the Italians take what's mine, mafia or otherwise.

I won't let them take Maya.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to pass out like that," Maya stammers.

"Don't apologize, you have nothing to be sorry for."

She shrugs.

"So, uh, what happens now?"

"I can think of a few things," I tease.

Maya rolls her eyes, and playfully pushes my arm.

"I meant, like, with your work," she clarifies. "I don't want to get you in trouble."

"With my...work."

She flinches.

"Yeah. Um, with what we talked about last night. I'm assuming there will be consequences."

Realization hits me: she's afraid.

A pang of guilt wracks my chest at the thought.

Of course she's afraid.