Chapter thirteen, A new threat

Y/N POV

As I wondered the castle deciding on what to do or where to go a voice from behind me called out from the doors of the great hall, "oh hello poppy did you have a nice time At Hogsmeade?" She shook head water dripping from her hair "Y/N I've been looking everywhere for you" Poppy put her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath "are you all right?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder "I'm fine *deep breath* I just heard some troubling news is all *normal breathing*" she straightened up and looked me in fear "Your in great danger" I raised an eyebrow "eh you wanna be more specific" Poppy grabbed my arms and shook me "Rookwood!" "Wait what but I thought he was in Azkaban?" "No not Victor Rookwood, Alexander Rookwood he's his brother" "Brother? Wait what?" "I heard in the village he went to his trail before being sent to life in prison, Y/N they also said you went to Azkaban to see him" "Eh no I went to Azkaban the day before his hearing" Poppy looked shocked "So what were you doing in Azkaban" I bit my lip thinking of what to tell her "My father is an unspeakable on some occasions he has had to visit the place to speak with the prisoners and unfortunately the guards, he has a very rare talent in negotiating with the Dementors despite their differences" Poppy looked stunned "I had to go there last summer actually I've been there a couple of times my first was when I was nine, I can't still remember the screams from that places and the higher up you go the worse it gets" I stopped quickly and noticed Poppy looking as though she was going to cry "Eh but I don't go there all the time and when I do I'm also very close to my father who puts a patronus charm around me" I stopped talking "But why would he take his own child to such a horrible place, couldn't you have stayed home with your mother or-"No" I said so suddenly that Poppy took a step back "Sorry I mean *Sigh* my mother died giving birth to me" Poppy clapped a hand to her mouth "oh I'm so sorry I didn't know I-" it's fine really actually to the quite honest with you, your the first person I've told" Poppy put her hand away from her mouth and said "I promise not tell anyone not even Garreth" I smiled "I appreciate it Poppy you are a good friend" she too smiled but it looked slightly painful "So so your father takes you with him while he works?" I nodded "well not all the time just on particular occasions when he can't leave me alone somewhere or he needs my assistance" "Assistance?" "Oh father knows about the ancient magic I've been seeing all through last year but hasn't told anyone at the Ministry about my ability or about my adventures outside school" Poppy looked impressed "well it's good that you have support at home isn't it?" I shrugged "more like over protective you know the real reason why I started school so late" "no why?" "Father wasn't sure I'd be safe away from him he's been cautious of me ever since my mother passed away, I think it's because I'm all he has by the time I had turned seven we had left our house and we constantly traveling, and by the time I had turned Eleven father had me tutored with multiple different Professors all over the world" Poppy was at this point impressed "Wow that's incredible" I snorted "not really kinda annoying actually imagine all ready being lectured on hovering charms then having to constantly repeat yourself to the other professors explaining that you've all ready gone over the theory of the spell then having to be released about the whole bloody thing all over again" "but if you know it all why start Hogwarts?" "Ah not the same learning magic without a wand now is it no real point I remember having constant arguments to my father about getting a wand but he said it was too dangerous and there was no time pff what he's really worried about is that will be more like my mother and go out into the world looking for danger" Poppy raised her eyebrow "but you did do that that's all you've ever did last year" I laughed "ha yeah well I'm a bit of a sucker for getting myself into trouble aren't I, besides I though father would of been proud of how I handled dealing with stressful and like treating situations but it made him more protective said I shouldn't be so reckless and was acting more and more like my mother" "and that's a bad thing?" "Not really mother was an excellent curse breaker wouldn't mind following her footsteps but from the stories I've heard it sounded look out of luck then skill, first time dad act met mum was during a special operation in the underground of France, best spell work he's ever seen but she was careless and got two of their partner's serious injured but they got good results after she fixed her mistakes and they got out alive, I think after that dad kept a closer eye on her after a few more months later married year after that ta-da little baby Y/N" I smiled remembering the times he would tell me this story " Merlin's beard" Poppy was now looking at me with an expression of one praising "so after many arguments and fighting dad was able to get a professor from Hogwarts to assist me with a wand a few simple spells and to accompany me to Hogwarts and well here" "and we needless to say I am glad you came to Hogwarts" she hugged me "so you wanna tell me exactly why I'm in danger?" Poppy released me quickly and started talking very quickly and quietly "I over heard your name from one of the villagers talking about Victor's trail said he once they found him guilty he was yelling at his brother to avenge the family honour" "but that could mean anything right?" Poppy looked worried "I don't know maybe but I think you should stay on your guard, I heard Alexander is just as bad as his brother, actually he was doing some very nasty business over in Albania with some ashwinders dealing with unicorns blood and traveling to Romania to capture dragons and tormenting them" Poppy shivered then she put a hand on my shoulder "just stay away from the village for a few days until things cool down apparently a few of Alexander's watch have been seen around the forest of hogsmeade" I nodded indicating that I understood, she squeezed my arm then left heading down to the kitchens to her common room.