~21~ The fault in Trust

I rubbed my elbow awkwardly as I tried to maintain eye contact with each and every stare I had gotten

The room was filled with whispering chats and a few individuals still dancing. My legs ached and I was so tired.

It felt like there were eyes watching me from every corner of the room. It felt like everyone here knew and hated me.

Everyone except her.

“Care to dance?” she had loosened her hair from it's tight bun and was stretching her hand towards me with a sweet smile. “You look so lost.”

“Oh, no. I can't dance.” I returned her smile, shaking my head. Before glancing down at my aching feet.

“C'mon, I'll teach you.” she requested and I was silent for a minute thinking about it .

I nodded briefly before she led me to the dance floor

Taking my hand in hers, she guided me and placed my hand on her waist and the other around on her shoulder. “Like this.” she smiled.

She did the same to me and soon, I found myself dancing along to the soothing music. “My name's Arabella but you can call me Bella.”

“Congratulations on your engagement Bella. You're very pretty.” I complemented

Her greyish-blue eyes travelled to my bruised knuckles. “What happened to your hand?” feeling conscious of my bruise, I redrew my hand from her shoulder and smiled.

“Just got cut by glass. Nothing serious.” her eyes lingered on my knuckles before returning back to my eyes.

We danced quietly for a couple of minutes before I heard her mutter.

“I'm sorry.” her eyes piercing into mine.

“huh?”

“Usually I'm not like this.” she pulled me close and whispered into my ear before throwing herself down.

Abruptly the music stopped as she fell down with a loud thud and all eyes turned to us.

She looked up from the floor, a nasty glare on her face and her eyes held so much anger and hatred against me.

“You bitch! Why would you push me?” she screeched as helps ran towards her.

My heartbeat increased as I looked around the ballroom to over ten men who aimed their guns at me.

“who let this 'suka into my party?!” Vladimir's thunderous voice filled the room.

“Ivanov.” all eyes turned to Ermanno as he made his way to the center of the ballroom where I stood. “I'll take care of this.”

He gripped my wrists and led me out of the crowded room.

“I didn't touch her, I swear. She pushed herself..I would never cause such a scene at a party. I swear I didn't touch her...she just fell..” Ermanno led me out of the building.

I was panicking just thinking about what he was going to me. My heart beat violently against my chest as we halted and he turned to look at me. His eyes blazing with so much anger.

“I-I- I swear please believe me. I didn't push her-”

“I know.” he stated calmly.

I took a minute to register that. “Y-You know?”

“I had been watching both of you since you began dancing.”

Relief washed over me instantly.

“Then please tell Mr Vladimir.” I pleaded with him.

“No. You're going to apologize to Bella.”

What the-

Did I hear him right?

“But I didn't do anything wrong.” I protested, feeling the anger build up in me.

“Wrong, Molina. Your first wrong was agreeing to dance with her. You broke rule one.”

He couldn't be fucking serious.

Coming back to his useless rules.

“What the Fuck..” I trailed off stepping away from him. “You all are sick.”

Once again, he gripped my wrists, pulling me close to himself. “I've sacrificed too much for everything to be thrown away. There will be no bad blood between the Italian and Russian Mafia. You will apologize to his Vasilisa.”

I squirmed against him but when it proved to be fruitless, I let out a frustrated groan. “Why did you bring me to this party anyway? To show me off as your latest assest? Or perhaps to show me off to your ex girlfriend?”

I watched as his emotions slowly changed to shock as he finally released me.

He composed himself and regained his unbothered demeanor. “You will apologize to Bella and that is final. Do you have any idea what Vladimir could do to you? A mere apology would've never been enough. You have my influence to thank. Count your luck Molina, it's running out fast.”

He walked away from me and that was the last I saw him all evening. I did apologize to Bella Infront of all the guests and although she wasn't happy about it, she accepted my apology. Everyone continued murmuring against me and when I had gotten enough, I begged Jovani to take me back to the mansion, which he did.

The ride home was silent and when we finally arrived at the mansion he left without saying anything. He didn't even reprimand me.

I expected Ermanno to be waiting for me, wanting to give me some sort of punishment but the house was empty when I got back so I just showered and got into bed. Everything was dead quiet, I didn't even hear the crickets chirp tonight.

I lay in bed thinking about Arabella and what she had done. She was crazy for that.

And the worst part? Everyone believed her.

What did I expect? Vladimir believe the daughter of a traitor over his future wife?

Ermanno was right. My first wrong was agreeing to dance with her. It was my fault for trusting her, she was a criminal, everyone in that ballroom were criminals.

Everyone hated me there, including her.

I stared up at the white ceiling, the bland white ceiling and tried desperately to fall asleep, which eventually worked.

_________________________________Alright guys! The twenty first chapter of GATM! If you liked it, please vote, share and comment

If you liked it, please vote, share and comment.

Till next time!