Pizza and Cooper's Bed.

Chapter Twenty-Five

Maddy's POV

The ambulance and police were called as soon as Mum heard the commotion, no was hurt but when Mum saw that Damian had a blood nose she assumed the worse of the situation.

Everybody cleared off and the party had stopped after that. So much for a great evening.

Mum and I got into a massive argument about me bringing delinquents into the house. Fuck she was the one who invited them not me.

I'm staying at Summer's place tonight because I can't bare to be in the same house as someone I don't want anything to do with.

"Hey, don't be down in the dumps." Summer calls from the kitchen, she brings in a bowl of junior mints for us to share. "Cooper's gone to get pizza, he should be back soon."

I look up at her. "Thanks but I'm not hungry I might just go to bed if that's okay with you?"

I drop my glass of water at the sink before I head up to room. Before I get a chance to make my way up stares Cooper comes barging through the door with 5 large pizzas and rolls of garlic bread falling off the top.

"Want some help?" I offer. "That'd be great." He speaks from behind the boxes.

We drop them off at the table before I turn around. "Aren't you hungry?" Coop asks. "Nah, I'm pretty tired." I say without turning around. "You can take my bed if you want, I won't need it for a while plus I have Jake to manage." "Thanks." I say with a warm smile.

Cooper's bed is big, warm and just what I need. I doze off pretty fast without a thought in mind.

***

The blankets are tugged from around me and a sudden breeze flows over me. I open one eye and look around.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." a sleepy voice says quietly.

"Nah it's fine. what's the time?"

"It's just a little past 3am."

"Fuck dude what are you doing up so late?"

"I wanted you to get some rest and Jake wouldn't settle so I stayed in the lounge room for a while."

"Aw you're really sweet, you shouldn't have been uncomfortable just for the sake of me sleeping though."

"It was totally worth it." He moves close to me so our foreheads are touching.

"What's on your mind Maddy ?"

"Nothing, honest."

"Maddy you've been hanging around with my family a lot lately. I can tell when something bothering you."

"Stop Cooper, stop trying to get into my head and stop trying to solve problems that don't concern about you." I try to turn my back to him.

He hand is firmly placed on my hip, allowing me no access to turn over. "I'm not trying to get in your head Mads, I just want you to talk to me. You can trust me."

"I know I can trust you okay, it doesn't mean I want to tell you all my problems. I'm not about to dump my issues on you."

"Okay well let me dump my problems on you, well if that's okay with you?"

"Yeah it's fine, I probably won't be getting any sleep."

"Okay, here it goes. I'm afraid I won't be able to support Jake and give him the best life possible okay he deserves everything I can give him, but I'm so fucking scared that I won't be able to give that him. I work my ass off everyday to support that little boy. He's my life, he's my little boy."

"Wow Coop, I never realised."

"I'm not done get, okay there's a girl that's laying right beside me and I've felt something strong for her since the first time I laid eyes on her. She's got a beautiful smile, dreamy eyes and amazing lips I wish I could kiss. I honestly think that I could be with."

"Cooper are you done yet?"

"Yeah I'm done." He let's out a deep breath.

I run my hands across his cheek and up around his hair, his hands trail from my hips and up across my side to the back of my neck. Cooper brings me closer to him and he leans down towards me. He kisses my forehead, then my nose. He slowly dabs his lips against mine before pulling me in and kissing me. Our lips move in sequence, he guides his tongue over the top of my lips asking for an entrance for my mouth. We continue to kiss.

Cooper pulls away when Jakes become restless in his cot. "Wow." He breathes out. "I know." I say with a smile. "That was great." I lay in the bed while Cooper gets up to get Jake.

He brings Jake to the bed and places him between us. "Listen Coop, you're a great Dad. You shouldn't worry about Jake's up bringing because he's being raised by the best possible person."

"You're just saying that because I kissed you."

"Yeah partly but I've seen how much you love this little boy and I've seen you with him and the way you look after him. You're doing a great job and you're going to continue to be a great dad."

"Thanks, that means a lot. Sometimes I just need a little reminder."

We continue to lay in the dark with Jake in the middle off us.

Before I know it I'm dozing off again.

*******************************************
UNEDITED IF YOU'VE COME ACROSS ANY SPELLING, GRAMMAR OR WRITING MISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN FIX THEM UP.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER
*******************************************