Movies

Chapter Twenty

Maddy's POV

Christmas is just around the corner and Mum's planning a massive backyard barbecue, Dad doesn't known it get but he's the one doing all the cooking.

Mum says she's inviting all the neighbours and that I could invite my friends too.

I roll my eyes at the thought.

What friends?

Damian left me feeling vulnerable and disrupt. Three days ago when I told him to leave, he promised me that he could change things.

I don't want things to change though I just want people to let me be. No one can change the depressed mood I'm in and no one can stop me from feeling like shit. This is me now and I have to live with it.

I spoke to Summer yesterday and we'd made plans to go to the movies hoping this outing was going to be better than the beach.

I haven't spoken to Ally and last time I checked she blocked me on Facebook. Pfft. What do I care. I hated the way she treated me and made me feel.

She tried to change me into someone I wasn't.

Now I can just be me. Find out who I am. Explore new aspects of my life. I could try and find a job, concentrate on my studies more next year I'm in year twelve, it's going to be a big year and I need to keep my head in the books.

I pull on a black shirt and my overalls, this was my sense of fashion unlike the slutty half tops and mini shorts Ally was always trying to get me to wear.

My phone beeps.

Summer: I'm ready when ever you are.

Me: Just gotta do my hair and I'll be out.

I finished brushing my hair before making my way out the front.

Damian was watching from his bedroom window, I'd noticed that a lot lately and it's starting to freak me out.

I look from Summer to Damian. "You should really do something about him." She states.

"I don't know what to do? One minute were hot the next were cold."

I lied Damian and I are done for good. There was no hot, no cold. Just a guy that I can't trust.

"Maybe you should talk to him, I mean it wouldn't hurt."

"Hmm."

We get into Coopers car, his driving.

"Alright ladies, seat belts on. I want my babes being safe." He winks at me.

"Ugh that's disgusting Coop, shut up." Summer screams.

"Sorry love."

Still looking at me from the mirror, Cooper never breaks eye contact.

"Cooper. Keep your eyes on the road and your balls in your pants." Summer says leaning over me to the front seat to smack the back of Coopers head.

He groans in pain and rubs it.

"Alright, alright. Eyes are on the road." He says.

Every now and then he checks the mirror.

There's a whole in my stomach that's makes me feel all gooey.

***

"Thanks for the ride bro." Summer says.

"No worries, message me when you want to be picked up."

"Will do."

I walk around to the side of the car, Summer's already at the entrance.

"See you later love, have a good one." He winks.

"Will do, thanks for the ride." I smile.

"Anytime."

I walk up to meet Summer. "What's that Maddy getting all cozy with my brother?" She bumps arm.

"Aha no, I'm not up for anything at the moment." I say honestly.

"Oh don't worry about Damian, he'll realise what a good thing he lost eventually."

I don't want him to realise though, I just want to be left alone. I told Damian to leave. It was me, not him.

"Yeah I suppose." I smile.

We walk to the cinemas and buy extra buttery popcorn, a couple bars of chocolate and a drink each.

***

After the movies we walk around for a bit. We come across the main notice board.

A sign that caught my eyes read:

BABYSITTER WANTED

PLEASE CONTACT: 0412 46 45 24

That'd be perfect I thought. Just what I was looking for, a job for the holidays. I write down the number in my phone before catching up with Summer.

"What took so long?" She ask once I caught up with her.

"Just trying for a job." I says.

"Sounds good."

"Hey, can I stay at your place tonight?" I ask Summer.

"Yeah sure, but my uncle and his family are staying too. As long as your fine with that you can bunk with me." She smiles.

"Yeah sounds good."

"Alright are you ready to go I can call my brother."

"Yeah I'm ready whenever you are."

***

Cooper picks us up from the front of the shopping centre.

"Hey ladies, how was your day?"

"Yeah it was really good. Maddy's staying at our place tonight."

"Alright, sweet she can bunk with me." Cooper says slyly.

"Ew shut up you perv, stay away from Maddy."

I giggle.

"See she loves me." Cooper says.

"She does not, you're a creep and you're creeping her out. Isn't he Maddy?"

"Uh no I really don't mind seriously." I say honestly.

On the ride back to Summer's place, her and Cooper argue the whole way. I sit quietly minding my own business.

When we arrive Damian's out the front of his place washing his ute. He looks up at me and waves. I don't wave back.

"I'm going to get my stuff, I'll meet you at your place in like fifteen minutes?"

"Yeah sure all good." Summer says.

"See you in there babe." Cooper winks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for taking so long on updating

I've been extremely busy.