I've never seen a girl eat so much.

*Chapter Eight*

*Maddy's POV*

Damian picked me up this morning without a word.

I tried asking him what was wrong but all he answered was "I'm fine." I left it at that but I knew one thing for sure, he wasn't fine. His gripped around the steering wheel stiffened every time I asked him a question. In the end I just gave up, I really don't want any hassles with him while were working on the project together.

We pulled up at the school parking lot.

"Thanks for the ride, don't forget that you're coming to my place we really need to get ahead on this project."

"Uh actually Maddy can we do it at my place tonight?"

"Yeah sure why?" I asked curiously.

"No reason just really can't be bother going out tonight."

"If you say so then." I slammed the door and walk towards the locker bay.

"Students, there will be an all school assembly. Please put your bags and books away and make your way to the gym." The PA system blared.

We all gathered into the gym, all squished together. Luckily it was quite a cold day so we made each other warm.

Some of the students from Rosebud high were nudging and pushing others.

I sat up behind Mrs Swanson along with the principles assistance and deputies; I'm up here because I'm Student Body President. Usually it's the year twelve that take the roll of Student Body President but this year Mrs Swanson decided that the year twelve's need to concentrate on their studies so they gave the year elevens a chance to step up and take the roll.

"Welcome students." Mrs Swanson greeted with a smile, Mrs Swanson has been principal of Lincoln high for twenty seven years. She's old but has amazing posture, her wrinkles hardly show. Her hair was short and brown, she was quite tall for an old lady she was wearing a black skirt with brown tights with a light grey flattery top. "This is our first official assembly as one school." Some of the students from Rosebud high booed.

"There is no need for booing, you will be treated equally."

"Yeah right." Another yelled.

"Students that is enough!" She said sternly. "Now if I may go on, the students from Rosebud high are going to fit right in with of course the help of the students of Lincoln high."

As if that's going to happen.

I scanned the room. No sign of Damian and he's gang or Ally. Where would she be? She never skips school not even if she's sick. I remember this one time last year she came back from Fiji with a horrible cold; she was extremely pale and weak. Our next period that day together was biology and she had vomited all over Mr Cartwright, he definitely wasn't very impressed and practically forced her to go home.

"Maddy Harrison." Mrs Swanson called. I rose from my seat and made my way towards the front.

"Good morning fellow Lincoln high and Rosebud high students." I began. "I'm Maddy Harrison as most of you don't know I'm student body president." I said grinning. "I will try my best to meet each and every one of the new Lincoln high students and make them feel welcome." Hopefully none of the Rosebud high people take this to heart I really can't be bothered meeting five hundred new students.

***

We all stepped out of the gym in an orderly manner, well, the Lincoln high students did.

"What the hell?" one exclaimed from a distance.