Summer.

Chapter Fifteen

Maddy's POV

"So do you live in the area?" Summer and I are waking down the street to my house.

"Yeah, my family and I just moved into number 144."

"You mean number 144 of this street."

"That'd be the one." She giggles.

"Ha, I just live in number 142. So you're the new family I've been watching."

"Watching? Don't tell me you're some kind of stalker?" She put her hands up in defence.

"Oh no, no I'm not. I haven't had much to do over the last couple of weeks and your family interest me."

"Interest? That's a new one."

"So you have five sibling?"

"Oh I wish that'd be so much easier than nine."

"Shit, nine?"

"Yeah, pretty big. My parents don't know when to stop." There was a hint of humorous in her voice.

"Wow, I'd love to have that many sibling. I've only got a brother and he barely acknowledges me." I didn't want to go into the whole dead brother senecio, I really liked Summer's personality and I don't want to scare her off before I get to know her.

We step up to my door and I invite her in, we end up watching Mean Girls and quoting the movie the whole way through.

"Damn, I love that movie." Summer says as I pull the ice cream out of the freezer and dish up two bowls.

"Yeah it's really good. My friend Ally and I usually watch it." Shit Ally, I had forgotten about her. I should probably call her.

"Ally? Hmm who's she?" She ask curiously.

"Just one of my friends. I haven't spoken to her for about three weeks."

"Doesn't sound like much of a friend then...?"

"I'm just sick of the drama from people." I shake my shoulder.

"Hmm tell me about it, having nine siblings makes me want to shoot myself sometimes. You can't live with them and you kill them." She laughs.

"Nine aye, that's pretty big. Tell me about them."

She takes a big breath before talking. "So there's my three older brothers. Cooper and Corey they're nineteen and three minutes apart, then Frankie who's eighteen. Then there's me I'm 17. My sister Claudette who's 15 and a total bitch, my brother Lawson he just had his thirteenth birthday, then triplets Amy, Alicia and Alice they're five and my littlest brother who's two in three months Jacob."

"Woah that's a lot to keep up with."

"Yeah it's not that bad, my Mum's pregnant she's about to pop any month now."

"Another one? Really?"

"Well yeah my parents always said they wanted a big family and they finally have it. You should come over for dinner tomorrow or whatever you know."

"Tomorrow sounds good."

"I have to warn you though, it'll be pretty hectic."

"Hectic is my middle name." I say proudly. Summer laughs and grabs her bowl of ice cream and walks into the lounge, I slowly tread behind her.

At 2am we finished watching How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days. Mum and Dad got home at 2:30am. "I told you to stop while you were ahead! Why didn't you fucking listen?!" Mum screamed as she stomped in.

Dad slurred and hardly answered before slamming the bedroom door. The TV in their started to blare with some show I couldn't understand. Why do they always wreck things for me?

Summer jumped to her feet. I did the same. "Uh Mum this is Summer." I say waving my hand over to her.

"I don't fucking care." She sounded annoyed and drunk. I wonder if she embarrassed herself in front of Trisha and Nathan.

"It's nice to meet you." Summer said.

Mum looked Summer up and down before lighting a smoke and walking out to the back door.

Well that was fucking polite.

"Sorry about them, unfortunately they're always like that."

"Hey it's all good. No one has a perfect family." She smiles.

I wasn't sure where to if with our conversation so I just quietly sat back down on the couch.

"Hey come back to my place, stay at mine."

"I don't think that would be a good idea." I say honestly.

"Sure it's a good idea. I don't want you staying here for the night." She sounded concerned.

"Nah it's fine it happens all the time."

Summer grabs my hand and leads me up the stairs to my room.

"Pack a bag you're coming back to my place." She says with a smile.

I pack a bag, just a nightie and tomorrow's clothes and a bunch of makeup. I follow her back down the stairs. I walk out without informing my parents. It wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last time.

Summers house is massive. Just like Damian's but bigger.

The lounge room goes on for ages with an L shaped couch and a massive TV on the wall placed in the corner.

Summer trails up three flights of stairs that have tons of family pictures on the wall before turning left into a room. It was neat and tidy. Even her bed was made. The walls were purple and white.

"I can pull out the blow up mattress or you could just bunk with me." She says as she dives onto her bed.

"Oh I don't want to cause you any trouble, I'll just bunk with you."

"Alright chuck your bag to the corner and come over." She smile.

*******************************************
UNEDITED IF YOU'VE COME ACROSS ANY SPELLING, GRAMMAR OR WRITING MISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN FIX THEM UP.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER
*******************************************