Breakfast.

Chapter Sixteen

Maddy's POV

I woke up with the bed to myself. Where's Summer? I grab my phone and check the time. Shit already 2pm what a waste of a day.

My overnight bag is still in the corner and the door is closed.

I get up and slowly open the door. Tread down the stairs and walk to the kitchen where I hear noise.

"Who's up for the beach today?" A deep males voice echoes from around the corner.

"I am." Another males voice chips in.

"Yeah sure I'll come." A voice like Summer's said. But it wasn't Summer. Summer had a softer allegiant voice.

"Claudette you're not coming."

"That ain't no fair."

"It is, and you ain't coming."

"That's not fair Corey, I'm telling Mum."

"She ain't home, her and Summer went to get lunches and dinners."

"Well why can't I come." She sounded like she was putting up a fight.

"Because when I said who wanted go come I meant Coops, Frank, myself and maybe Summer."

The kitchen went quiet for a minute. I was still hiding behind the wall, too afraid to walk in.

"Oui! Who are you?!" Someone screamed from behind me. A littles boys voice who hasn't started puberty yet.

"I'm...I'm..." I started in shock.

"COOPER THERE'S A CRAZY LADY IN OUR HOUSE."

Four guys and a girl stood in front of me.

"Hey look Corey it's that chick from the other night." One said.

"So did you end up finding your friend?" He asked.

"I uh...yeah...where's Summer?" I ask feeling uncomfortable. These guys where trying to hit on me during Damian's house warming party.

"She's gone out with Mum to get shopping, do you want any breakfast?" The girl chips in.

"Shut up Claude." From what I had gathered that came from Frankie.

I'm back up against the wall of the lounge room. I need an excuse to get out of here.

"Um I really should be getting home."

"Oh well where do you live? I'll give you a lift." Cooper speaks.

"Fuck off Cooper, if anyone's giving her a ride home, it's me." Corey says.

"Um I can walk. It's not that far, trust me." I laugh.

They all back away when they hear the door opening.

"You're awake!" Summer shouts as she carries in a bag of groceries. "Boys go get the rest." She tells them.

"Mum, this is Maddy. The girl I was telling you about in the car." Maddy says as she walks into the kitchen.

I trail behind her and her Mum who's holing a baby. I suspect that Jacob.

"Hi Maddy, I'm Rosalyn. You can call me Rose if you want. I hope my boys weren't giving you too much trouble while we were gone."

"It's nice to meet you and oh no they weren't any trouble at all. I've just woken up. Do you mind if I hold him?" I ask.

"Oh really? That's be wonderful this one." She says pointing to her stomach. "Is giving me so grief today."

Rose has a bright bubbly smile on her face. I've always wondered how it felt to have a Mum so happy.

"So Mads, what do you want for breakfast/lunch?" She ask.

The boys bring in the rest of the bags of shopping and place them on the table. They start unpacking them without being ask.

"I can make us bacon and eggs." Summer says with a smile.

"Yeah that sounds great." I say. I walk through the big opening of the kitchen to the lounge room and sit on the couch with baby Jacob.

"So..." Cooper slides down beside me. "I'm Cooper."

"I'm Maddy."

"Oh I know." He says with a wink.

"So the last night at the party, I need to apologise for my brothers behaviours. They don't know how to act around such a pretty girl." He says with a sly smile.

"Ha pretty. Good one, but thank." I say giving all my attention to Jacob.

"Cooper, you're phones ringing." Rose calls out.

"Excuse me while I get that."

He gets up and walks to the kitchen to answer his phone.

"Hello?"

"Uh I'm pretty busy today. Maybe tomorrow?"

I don't hear his full conversation only the parts he says.

"Yeah, sure babe. Promise." He says.

"Okay I love you. Bye."

Babe? I love you? Did he have a girlfriend? Was he taken?

He walks back into where I'm sitting.

"Sorry about that, just one of my friends. He wanted to know about cat parts."

Who was this guy seriously trying to fool?

"Huh, no need to explain to me." I say.

"Maddy, breakfast is ready. Just give Jack to Coops."

I hand Jacob to Cooper and walk to the kitchen. I can feel Cooper starring at me.

"Wow Sum, this look incredible."

"Thanks." She smiles.

In between bite we talk. "So the boys said something about going to the beach today, do you want to come."

"Yeah, that sounds great."

We finish the food and Summer loads the dishwasher with all the dirty dishes she uses.

"Let's go across to your place and get your stuff."

"Sounds good." I smile.

***

"Oh just ignore him, that's my brother Josh." I say to Summer who's waiting for me to get changed.

Josh walked in just after we had and bumped into Summer. I think he made her feel uncomfortable but he didn't care.

"Oh it's fine." She whispers.

I get into my blue stripped bikini and pull my overalls over it. I grab a bag, towel, sunscreen and my sunglasses in there and meet Summer in the hall.

I knock on Josh's door. "Summer and I are going to beach. Tell mum I won't be home until late."

"Yeah sure whatever." He's laying on his bed topless and most likely hungover. "Now shut the fucken door." Before I close it complete Josh calls out. "It was nice to meet you Summer, you're a babe."

"Pig!" I shout into his door.

"Ugh just ignore him."

She giggles. "He's kinda cute. But he smelt of alcohol so much."

"That's my brother for you." I smile.

*******************************************
UNEDITED IF YOU'VE COME ACROSS ANY SPELLING, GRAMMAR OR WRITING MISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN FIX THEM UP.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER
*******************************************