Thank You.

Damian's POV

We lay on my bed, catching our breath. We haven't done anything more than kissing but I know she feels it too.

My feelings for Maddy are unexplainable. I have loved her for so long that saying it now wouldn't change anything between us.

"Thank you." I say.

Maddy turns onto her side. "What for?"

"For being you."

Maddy smiles but ducks her head. "Damian I'm sorry, I don't know if I can do this with you."

"Nothing has to happen right away, I know you and Cooper just ended things. Take your time, I'll go slow with you but I need you to know that I'm not going anywhere. I don't care how hard you push me away, I am not leaving your side. I made that mistake the first time around and there is absolutely no way I'm letting you go again. From the time you woke up on my couch to now, I've felt never felt anything less for you. I've made a lot of mistakes when it came to you but I was just scared of everything but right now I don't care about any of the other factors I only care about you and making you happy so please take your time I'll be waiting."

Maddy's face lights up and she snuggles up to me. "Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear."

"I really hate to kill the mood but I did organise this get together for Nana, we need to head downstairs for a bit."

***

Downstairs everyone's huddled around, eating, and chatting.

"Attention." I call.

Everyone faces me. "Today we're here to celebrate my Nana Betty's life. Nothing more would put a smile on her face than seeing all of you here. Happy. I just want to thank you all for taking time out of your day to be here. I want to thank my Mother and Nathan for putting today together, Mum I know it must have been hard for you today but I happy to see that you have Nathan by your side. Please enjoy the rest of the afternoon and thank you all once again for coming."

The crowd clap and Nathan makes he's way over to me.

"Thanks again for today." I say.

He hands me a beer. "No worries mate. I love seeing your Mum happy. I'm proud of you by the way, finally growing up and stepping up."

"Thanks Nate."

After an hour or two people start to slowly leave, thanking us for a wonderful afternoon and sending their condolences.

*******************************************
UNEDITED IF YOU'VE COME ACROSS ANY SPELLING, GRAMMAR OR WRITING MISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN FIX THEM UP.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER
*******************************************