Chapter VII

Her

"Derobe, tell me about Cara." I said as I feed myself a spoonful of soup here on my bed.

Nakaupo siya sa upuan at inaalalayan ako na para ba akong bata. May hawak-hawak pa siyang panyo, handang punasan ang bibig ko.

"Cara . . ." Natulala siya sa kawalan habang inaalala ang babae. "She is a playful girl, she loves dolls, she's cheerful and the only left sun in this castle."

"Then why did she leave?"

"We don't know that, my Lady."

"Does she have a good relationship with the Beast?" I asked, nagulat siya sa pangalang ibinanggit ko, tumingin pa siya sa pinto para siguraduhing walang nakarinig ng sinabi ko.

"You mean the young master?" She whispered.

"Yes. Maganda ba ang relasyon nila?" Ulit kong tanong. She sighed.

"The young master is Cara's hero in this castle. He's the only one who can save her, who can comfort her, who can make her happy. Alam mo 'yon? Iyong nakikita mong mas sumasaya siya kapag nandiyan ang lalake. I bet if we haven't witnessed the pinky promised they made when they were young, we would've think both of them were in love." She chuckled.

"Pinky promise?" Lito kong tanong.

"Oo. No'ng bata sila, nangako silang ituturing nila ang isa't isa bilang kapatid maliban lang sa mga araw na nandiyan ang Papa ni Adam. It was like a secret everyone knows except the Master." 

"That's a ridiculous act." I commented. She laughed.

"It's not! In fact, it was a cute scenario. The grumpy little master was forced to do a promise in front of the servants as a witness. It was the cute little Cara's idea." She sighed dreamingly while looking at nothingness.

"Why would Adam's father want Adam to marry Cara? Hindi ba puwedeng i-adopt nalang ang bata and let the both of them believe they're related?" Nalilito kong tanong.

"Hindi ko rin alam. May usap-usapan ngang .  . ." Napatingin siya sa paligid at nang makumpirmang walang tao ay lumapit siya sa tainga ko. "May saltik sa utak ang lalake." Bulong niya. 

Nanlaki ang mata ko. "Where is he?" Kyuroyosa kong tanong.

Derobe shrugged. "No one knows. After the Master disappeared, the young master took over the castle and then Cara mysteriously disappeared as well."

What could've happened?

"Bago nawala si Cara, may away ba na nangyari sa dalawa? Or any fuel?" Tanong ko, thinking of that piece of paper I saw.

Tumingin sa kisame si Derobe, tila nag-iisip. "Wala naman. Although I did notice Cara's been acting a little weird."

"Weird? What kind of act?" Lumapit pa ako papalapit sa kaniya, disregarding the soup on my bed table.

"Kay Adam. She was acting weird towards him. Hindi ko mapunto pero nakita ko ang pag-iiba ng pakikitunga niya. The last few days with her, she was very serious. Parang ang lalim lagi ng iniisip."

What did happen? Why did Cara ran away? If they made a promise to treat each other as siblings, the marriage must not have been the reason why she ran away. It looks like Adam was also not the reason because from the way Derobe narated it, she was fond of him. So why did she exactly ran away? 

A light bulb popped above my head when I suddenly remember Adam's conversation with father. How was my father related to Cara?

"Tapos na 'ko. Thank you, Derobe!" Binigay ko sa kaniya ang plato at inalis na ang bed table para makatayo.