Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII

Him

Hinubad ko ang basang damit at tinapon ito sa upuan. Halos paliguan ko na ang sarili ko dahil sa pawis, ang dami ko palang kalat na ginawa na dapat kong linisin! If I would've known it would be this tiring, I should've controlled my emotions better!

Sinulyapan ko ang babaeng may dahilan ng lahat ng 'to at nakita kung gaano na kalalim ang bawat paghinga niya. Mukhang nakatulog na nga talaga ito. I sighed out loud and silently approached her.

She's still a beauty even when asleep.

I stared at her unmoving long lashes. They were long and I never paid attention to other girl's lashes before other than her. My eyes went down to her cute little nose, I want to pinch it but it didn't stay long on her nose because my stare got stuck on her pinkish lips.

I don't know why but I felt a sense of pride knowing I got to kiss those fierce lips. It almost felt surreal, her lips was like untouchable, out of any man's league and yet the Beast got to taste those lips. It was like I won in a competition where many men would envy my victory.

I wonder if I was her first kiss?

I smiled at the sight of her. I haven't slept comfortably on the bed for years and yet here she is, sleeping soundly on the bed that gave me nightmares all the time.

Her lashes fluttered open and I stayed still, waiting for her reaction when she realize she's been sleeping inside the Beast's den.

Nakita ko ang pagkunot ng kilay niya nang magtama ang paningin namin. I thought she was going to panic but Arabelle who never failed to amazed me turned her back on me and settled herself comfortable on my bed.

"Ang dami pang kalat. Maglinis ka." Utos niya kahit na hindi ko siyang nakitang sumulyap man lang sa sahig. I chuckled.

"Really? I thought I did well cleaning." I said amusingly.

"Not satisfied." Pagod niyang sabi at tinabunan ang sarili ng comforter.

"Okay." I shrugged and pretended to clean some more even when there's no left to clean.

Hindi rin nagtagal ang minuto ay nakatulog siyang muli. Instead of standing, I decided to sit on the usual chair I always sat. I could hear her faint snore and that gave a smile on my lips.

Soon enough, darkness devoured my line of sight.

"Adam?"

I remained on the darkness, too weak to even move a muscle.

"Adam?"

Hmm . . . that sweet yet fierce tone sounds familiar.

"Adam!"

Darkness fades and a pang of pain on my cheeks felt sharp on my guts. I opened my eyes in shock as I stared at the angry Arabelle.

What the heck did I do to receive this slap?!

"Ano bang nangyayari sa 'yo?! Kanina pa kita ginigising!" Galit niyang wika.

Hindi ako nakapagsalita.

"You're having a nightmare! Look at you! You're sweating! Halos maligo ka na sa pawis! Magbihis ka nga!" Tulak niya sa akin kaya doon ko lang nalaman na pinagpapawisan nga talaga ako.

I sighed loud and shook my head. I guess it was a bad dream. I stood and lazily went to my closet, I heard Beauty's faint murmur but I didn't mind.

Hindi rin ako nagtagal sa closet, nakapagbihis na kaagad ako. Nakita kong nakaupo na si Arabelle sa upuang inupuan ko kanina lang habang nakatingin sa mga papeles sa lamesa.