Chapter XX

Her

"Jusmiyo, Cara!" Kaagad na humagulhol si Mrs. Potty at niyakap ang alaga.

Derobe was also teary eyes when she saw the original Cara while Lumiere and Cog were happy to see her. But Cara's eyes remained on the shock Adam.

"Adam . . ." Her voice was so melodious, so different from my original voice. Great, now I'm more ashamed with my new voice, my new voice was barely a whisper, it doesn't even sound as soft as her voice.

Humahagulhol na umatras si Mrs. Potty matapos mayakap ang alaga. Cara stepped forward towards Adam and I could feel him in front of me stiffening.

"I-I'm sorry . . ." She said softly, her voice was guilty.

He didn't answer her and when she stopped in front of him, he immediately grabbed her hand to pull her for a tight hug, I avoided my gaze. He missed her, of course he would! She's the reason why I'm here! Because he's been looking for her and I'm just a temporary replacement.

Nagtama ang mata namin ni Cara habang yakap-yakap siya ni Adam kaya nanlaki ang mata ko, she didn't even look flinch when our eyes met. She wasn't shock that we have the same face! She just looked at me indifferently.

"Where have you been?" His voice was soft, it was full of emotions, of vulnerability.

"I-I . . ."

"It's okay, baby." He whispered gently but I fucking heard it.

Tangina naman.

Tinalikuran ko na sila at maglalakad na sana papaalis kung wala lang sanang tumawag sa akin—

"Who's that girl, Adam?"

Natigil ako sa paglalakad kasabay nang pagbaling ng mga tao sa akin. I gulped and slowly turned to them, nakita ko ring nilingon ako ni Adam kaya mas lalo akong nalingon.

"Oh my god." Si Derobe nang mapagtantong nandito pala ako.

Nagtama ang mata namin ni Adam pero tangina naman, iniiwas niya ang mata niya sa akin na para bang nakakapaso ako!

"She's—"

"My twin?" Her eyes widened as her lips formed into a wide smile.

Adam's lips parted at that. I blinked when Cara started walking near me and her smile looked exactly just like mine. Her innocent face was like that of an angel her doe eyes were filled with purity. She was so beautiful . . . for a moment, I forgot I was in this awful state.

"Hi! I'm Cara!" She said in her friendly tone, offering me her hand.

My lips parted but I'm too ashamed to use my voice, too scared she'll judge me.

"She's Arabelle." Adam said and I sighed in relief at that.

"Arabelle? Nice name!" She happily said.

I wanted to say thank you but instead of saying those words, I smiled gently at her. I can't believe I really have a twin sister! Ang ganda niya!

"Magkamukhang-magkamukha tayo!" Kaagad siyang lumapit sa gilid ko para maisabit ang kamay sa braso ko. She's really friendly, no wonder everyone likes her.

"So, Arabelle. What does it feel like to know that you have a twin sister? Masaya ba?" She interviewed happily.

Sumulyap ako kay Adam na nakikinig sa amin. I gulped and parted my lips but I just can't utter a word.

"Ahh . . . galing pa siya sa surgery, Cara. Hindi pa siya masyadong nagsasalita." Si Lumiere ang nagligtas sa akin.

"Oh . . ." Cara looked shock but apologetic at the same time.