XXIII

Him

I . . . I fucking heard her voice!

Fuck. Am I dreaming?!

When I heard her voice, I feel like I broke the gates to heaven as I experience the paradise of her voice. A satan enjoying the pleasures in heaven while the angels around him panic at its presence.

Tangina, ang ganda ng boses niya!

And she . . . she asked me to kiss her! That's her fucking first word to me!

Pakiramdam ko mamamatay ako sa sobrang saya but I should compose myself. Baka mamaya bawiin niya.

Tinulak niya ako papalayo at namula. Her lips were reddish from my kiss and I didn't even notice that because I was too distracted with her voice. Hindi ko namalayang nakagat ko na pala siya, and it was an unconscious reflex.

"Tama na . . ." She said softly.

I want to curse so badly. Can I fucking record this?

"What?" I pretended not to hear it so I can hear her voice again.

She glared at me but she didn't talk! Pinagkait niya nanaman!

"Beauty, I didn't hear you."

"Adam." She warned.

Tangina.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Control yourself. Calm yourself.

"Adam! Maligo na tayo!"

I sighed when I heard Cara's voice behind me.

"Sasama ka?" Tanong ko kay Arabelle, nanatili ang titig sa maamo niyang mukha. She's so cute.

I held my breath as I waited for her answer, hoping she'll answer me verbally.

"Hindi . . ."

She did!

Can I just stay here and listen to her speak?

"Adam!"

"Okay!"

I need to distract myself! Baka mamaya, hindi na siya magsalita sa harap ko dahil sa sobrang adik ko. I should control this urges. I don't want to scare her.

Siguro maliligo lang ako ng limang minuto tapos babalikan ko agad siya. I'll ask her random things and listen to her talk after that.

Kaya sinamahan ko muna si Cara sa dagat. I removed my shirt, broad shorts nalang ang natira sa akin. Nilingon ko si Arabelle at nakita nakakunot ang noo niya sa buhangin, hindi man lang ako tiningnan. I sighed. This is not getting any better.

Unti-unti na akong pumunta sa dagat para samahan si Cara. Like a kid, she played with me. She loves playing games because I was the only person whom she can play with when she was just a child. Sometimes, I pity her for not being able to interact with other kids, kaya kahit na hindi naman talaga ako mahilig maglaro, I play with her just so she wouldn't feel lonely.

Sumunod na rin sila Lumiere kaya nakaahon ako kaagad. Umahon din si Cara at tumakbo papalapit sa truck ni Cog para magtanong kung nasaan ang damit at mga make-up niya habang lumapit naman ako kay Arabelle na nakaupo sa buhangin at pinagmamasdan ang kalangitan. Basa pa ako kaya may distansya pa ang pagkakaupo ko sa kaniya. She didn't even turn to me.

"Beauty." I called.

"Hmm?"

I breathe deeply and exhaled loudly. Pakiramdam ko kinuhaan niya ako ng hininga! I should stop exaggerating things.