Epilogue

Epilogue

In a room full of blooming flowers, I would always choose to pluck a rose despite of the thorn it holds.

Not only because it's beautiful, but because of the pain it could give, of the blood it could suck out of me.

Because I was willing to lose a blood just so I could have it completely. I was willing to die, I was willing to accept the pain.

Nilingon ko ang babaeng pinakamamahal ko. She looked so beautiful as she smile at her readers and I envy them, I envy that they could see how warm her smile was. While I'm here, standing meters away from her, settling for admiring her from afar.

"Magpanggap kang mabait mamaya." I warned Ci when she arrived late.

Pinagmasdan niya rin si Arabelle. She tilted her head and stared at her face.

"Tsk. Hindi ako mabait."

"Kaya nga magpanggap ka." Sarkastikong sabi ko.

She rolled her eyes and puffed a smoke.

"Plano mong balikan?"

I shook my head and sighed. "I'm just going to appear so she wouldn't be shock when she sees me. Sigurado akong guguluhin siya ni Aston dahil nakalaya na 'yong gagong 'yon."

"Sabi mo, eh." She shrugged.

Hindi ko siya pinansin at naglakad na palayo. Hindi ako sigurado kung takot ba si Arabelle sa akin kaya mas mabuti nang hindi siya mabigla kung sakaling makita niya ako dahil magpapakita talaga ako sa oras na mahuli kong kasama niya si Aston.

I'm sure that bastard is plotting something.

And I was not wrong.

"Act cool. I'll handle it." Si Ci nang makitang susugod na sana ako matapos makita nga si Aston na hawak-hawak ang Arabelle ko!

"Wha—"

She shot a bullet and I pursed my lips.

"Don't act too obvious. Napaghahalataan ka." She advised before Arabelle's eyes went to me.

I acted indifferent even when I wanted so bad to run and check her state.

Nangako ako sa sarili kong hindi ko siya babalikan. Nangako akong magiging kampante ako sa pagmamasid sa kaniya sa malayo, hindi na dapat ako naghahangad pa dahil parehas lang kaming masasaktan.

In the years of being away from her, I have learned to slowly accept myself. I slowly learned to love my scar. I slowly learned to control my emotions and temper.

And I don't want to lose control anymore. We're both better off alone.

But fuck it, when I tasted her lips, I wanted to own her again. I wanted to be with her again. I wanted to be in pain again. I was willing to remove this bandage in my heart, I was willing to bleed again for her.

Kaya hindi ako makapaniwalang tinakasan niya ako! Nakatulog lang ako, tumakas na siya!

Halata namang may gusto pa 'yon sa akin. She may know how to act, but her eyes don't lie. I know her eyes well, way better than anyone alive in this earth.

Mahal niya pa ako. I was sure of that. I've read all her novels and there were scenes that narrated our love story. I was sure it was based on us!

"Panga—"

"Adam."

Nakita kong natigilan siya nang marinig ang boses ko. I squinted my eyes on her. This time, I brought my own copy of book. Iyon kasing una kong pinapirmahan sa kaniya ay bagong bili 'yon para hindi halatang akin iyon but this time, I want her to know I've read it! Kahit na ako lang ang lalake dito, wala akong pakealam, kahit pinagkakatinginan nila ako, wala ako pake!