XXXIII

Him

I didn't simply let her go because she wanted it.

Fuck it. Even if she wanted it, I wouldn't let her go. I would chain her with me and win her back, I would court her until her hatred disappear.

But her heart is what matters to me the most. I know she hated me, and I hate myself as well, I can't and will never blame her for that.

It was after the call I received from Evelyn that made me let her go.

"Nahanap ni Aston ang Papa ni Arabelle."

Iyon ang bumungad sa akin matapos niya akong tawagan.

I was shock because I thought he died. Hindi ko iyon inaasahan. I was willing to endure Arabelle's hatred for me for a lifetime but I guess it would end this way.

"Kaya pakawalan mo siya kung ayaw mong malaman niya ang totoo."

It was then that I decided to let her go.

Because I'd rather have her hate me than for her to get hurt from the truth.

Akala ko makakayanan ko pero fuck it, isang araw pa lang tinawagan ko na si Aston para lang makita ko siya kaagad!

When our eyes met, it felt like I was away from her for years. I'm exaggerrating but I longed for her that much, I even wish the ride to her destination was longer even though it was the slowest ride I could do without being too obvious.

Gusto ko siyang makita ulit bukas at sa susunod na bukas, at sa susunod na susunod na bukas, araw-araw. Pero hindi puwede.

Kailangan ko siyang pakawalan.

I realized that I was too toxic.

Like my father. To his first love.

"Kumusta ang date niyo ni Arabelle?" Iyon ang sinalubong sa akin ni Cara pagkabalik ko sa mansyon.

"Shut up and go to your bedroom." Iritado kong sabi at naglakad na paakyat sa kuwarto ko.

She was sitting on the couch, with a smirk on her face, like a princess in this house. She was, she still is. But I won't worship her like how I used to be her prince. Because I found my own queen, my own beauty, and I'm not a prince, will never be a prince. I was meant to be the beast who admires the beauty of its master— it was Arabelle, not her.

"I bet it was sad." She teased.

Hindi ko siya pinatulan, nagpatuloy lang ako sa paglalakad.

"You know, while I was away from you for months, I found someone better than you." Kuwento niya na siyang nagpatigil sa akin.

Nakakunot ko siyang nilingon, nalilito.

"Bakit ka tumakas?"

She scoffed and looked at me angrily. "You know it's because of your father! He did something to me!"

I avoided my eyes guiltily. I know I failed to protect her but I'm trying my best! Kaya nga pinalayas ko na siya sa pamamahay na 'to! But he still has connections, he still has power and money!

"You were my first love, but he was my great love." She continued, napabaling ako sa kaniya. She was staring bitterly at nothingness, I clenched my fist.

Hindi ko alam bakit bigla niya itong sinasabi sa akin? Pagod ako, gusto kong magpahinga. I want to sleep and hope that in my dreams, my Beauty appear in it.

"But he abandoned me! Kaya bumalik ako sa 'yo! Tapos pagbalik ko, may pamalit ka na!" Napatayo siya sa galit and I know she's about to burst out again.

"I did that for you! Hindi niya puwedeng malaman na nakataka—"