The Prince's Day

Jungkook has spent the majority of his life masking emotions to the point of not even bothering to identify them anymore. He had to remain strong and not let those feelings show, so what difference did it make if it were anger or heartbreak or loneliness. They all manifested in him the same way, and typically only ever came out at rare times in the form of anger. Just like his dad.

He hates it. No matter what, he finds himself doing things that he picked up from his father, whether he wanted to or not. He thought it would be easy to simply catch himself and stop the behaviors, but he didn't come prepared for the next challenge. It's hard to open up about how he feels if he doesn't even know how he feels.

Whatever he feels continues to rip him to shreds from the inside and he doesn't know how to stop it. No matter what he does, it remains. He thought once Luna had converted he wouldn't have to worry about her so much anymore. He knew that was the best for her and she was no longer risking her life each day just for existing.

When she's near him, his heart races. When she's not near him, his heart races. There isn't a single relationship that he's ever been in that made him feel this way. He wondered if he were falling in love, but he knows what love feels like. Despite his father being an emotionless robot, his mother still showed him what love is. He loves his mother. He loves his brothers. His love for them has never made him feel like this. He doesn't know what he's feeling now, but it's starting to scare him.

He couldn't bring himself to take Luna to his mom's house. Instead he ordered them food from the palace kitchen to be delivered to his room and he turned on a movie for them to watch while he held her close the entire time.

He didn't pay any attention to the movie. He had seen it a million times already so he didn't care to keep his eyes glued to the tv. His focus was on Luna. The way she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that they have movies and even tv, though she's been here long enough to be used to it by now, is endearing to him. The way she asks him questions every few minutes to ask him if something in the movie is normal in "vampire world" amuses him. The way she rests her head on his shoulder in the middle on the movie warms him.

The King is no longer willing to give any exceptions when it comes to any of the boys being near Hyungwon. Jin was afraid to do this because he knows how close his father is to Minseok, but he finally came clean about Jungkook and Luna. He confessed to everything that had happened from the moment he gave Jungkook the permission to begin investigating on earth. It killed him to do it, but at this point the guilt and pressure was wearing him down. The King was upset. Almost livid when he learned that Jungkook brought Luna to the kingdom before she was fully converted. Jin took responsibility for it all. He pled to his dad that he thought it would be ok since she was still half vampire and this was all for the safety of the kingdom.

Jin didn't have to take the blame for everything. Jungkook was doing things on his own for the most part, and usually he doesn't do anything that would get him in any major trouble. Jin isn't lost on how much power he has, even with his own father. Saying that Jungkook was only acting on his orders would get him in far less trouble than if he said Jungkook were acting alone.

Again, he doesn't have to do any of this. But he loves Jungkook. He loves all of his brothers. He's always playing tricks on them and giving them a hard time just for fun, but he'd do anything for them all. Even if that means getting a lengthy lecture from his dad on carelessness and responsibility.

King Hojin IV is a very stern man when he needs to be, but he's also a compassionate and understanding king. He can understand why the boys took on this operation. He can understand Jungkook being overtaken by his feelings for Luna. He can even understand why his son is standing before him bending the truth to save his friends. Jin is just a carbon copy of him when he was that age. He's done it all before, twisting his stories just enough to decrease the amount of trouble he and his friends would get into. He's maintaining a straight face now so that Jin understands how serious he is. However, deep down he can't help but feel a little proud of how much of himself he sees in his youngest son.