Epilogue

After 15 long tiring days training the new class of royal guards, Jungkook is finally getting to go home and get a much needed rest for the next week. It's 10 pm as he makes it back to his home in the family wing of the palace.

He and Luna have no family plans any time soon, but Jungkook had been begging for a bigger room since he first got his gun license. After Minseok's arrest and subsequent death, his room had been cleared out and the King offered Jungkook the room. Jungkook being the big bunny eyed persuader he is tried to push for a room that was even bigger. The King gave in and let Jungkook and Luna move into a 3 bedroom home in the family wing of the palace.

That left Minseok's old room free which gave Jungkook's brother, Junghyun the opportunity to return to living on palace grounds. Of course he had some strict requirements that basically resulted in the entire room being gutted and fully renovated and refurnished. In the end, the room looked nothing close to how it was when Minseok was there and that made Junghyun, and Jungkook who visits often, more comfortable.

The details surrounding Minseok's death remain unclear, at least to the public. The spell Sunyoung put on Minseok was one only meant to bring him within an inch of his life. She knew he would be completely weak and fragile by the time he made it through trial and to sentencing. Any punishment he would face would be too much and he'd be bound to die after a short while.

That's not quite how things happened though.

A few days had passed after Jungkook's final visit with Minseok before anyone realized he was paralyzed from the neck down. Doctors couldn't figure out what type of illness was causing all of his symptoms. Being choked by Jungkook's burning hand paired with the rapid deterioration caused by Sunyoung's spell, Minseok was unable to make a sound. No matter how hard he tried, nothing would come out of his mouth. He couldn't move, he couldn't speak, and he could barely see.

Doctors eventually came to the conclusion that there was no quality of life left for Minseok. He was a vegetable being kept alive by machines. A choice had to be made. Jungkook ended up being the one to make that choice. He was the only one who happened to answer the phone that day.

There was a small mention of Minseok's death in the news, but no one seemed too phased by it. Most people felt he got what he deserved. No one knew how he really met his demise, but the King knew it was more than it seemed.

The King personally went to Sunyoung's house to deliver the news. Really, he wanted her to finally reveal what she did. She didn't at first but eventually told him of the spell she used. Later on, they learned what Jungkook had done in the hospital.

Sunyoung talked the King out of losing his mind and he made them both promise to never speak of what they had done again. Minseok may have been public enemy number one, but there are still laws of the land and the King would have no choice but to heavily punish his best friend and his best shield.

The King also offered Sunyoung a place to stay at the palace. Everyone has missed having her around and she would be welcomed back with open arms. As much as she loved living there and being surrounded by her sons and best friends, she found an independence on her own that she's happy with. She's grown attached to her little home. However, now she can visit as she pleases with Minseok being gone. She feels less isolated from her boys and that's all she could ask for.

Luna survived four seemingly never ending years of law school and graduated second in her class. She was only bested by her friend Maria who was one of the first people Luna met on campus. They became fast friends and helped each other survive the never ending study sessions and sleepless nights before exams.

After graduating, Luna decided she wanted to visit home, her human home. She knew things would be much different since she was last there years ago, but she just wanted to see her parent's house. She was feeling nostalgic so Jungkook accompanied her back to the human world.