Discovery

Just as Jungkook feared, the news the next day was filled with reports of last night's earthquake. Thankfully there were no fires this time, but he's still very embarrassed. As soon as Sunyoung woke up and saw the news she ran to him to make sure he and Luna were ok.

Jungkook doesn't know that his power comes from his mom. He doesn't know she even has the power at all. He's known that she can put curses on people, but other than that she's only told him that her other ability is knowing when people are lying. It's something she told him as a child so he wouldn't lie to her.

He tried once and she caught him which made him believe it. In reality, she was watching him from a distance as he tried to sneak a chicken into the palace as a child. She watched him try to take it back to his room without being seen, but the chicken got loose and terrorized the entire place until a guard was finally able to catch it. When questioned, Jungkook tried to lie about it, but his mom stopped him and confronted him with the truth. From that moment he truly believed that her ability was sensing lies. He knows he gets his ability of putting people under paralysis from his father, but he always wondered where his ground shattering power came from.

Today the lightbulb finally lit up in his head and he got an idea. Sunyoung suggested they take a proper vacation somewhere for the week. Somewhere that they can truly enjoy themselves without worrying about Minseok. Jungkook and Luna decided on camping and as they were looking up options on his phone, he quietly typed a message to Luna asking her to play along. She has no idea what he's about to do, but she nods in agreement anyway.

Sunyoung offered to make them lunch before they head out. The three are enjoying gimbap at the table when Jungkook begins to test his theory.

"Mom," he starts. "If I tell you something, will you be upset?"

"Of course not," she says, wondering what he's about to drop on her now.

"You remember when I was little and the chicken got loose in the palace?" He asks.

"Yes," she chuckles. "What about it?"

"I really didn't do it."

"What?" She laughs. "What makes you suddenly bring that up?"

"I was just thinking about it and how I was wrongfully accused of setting a chicken free in there. It sucked having to clean all that poop and feathers up when I didn't even do it." He pouts trying to further plead his innocence.

"Tokki," she says still laughing. "I can't believe that's still bothering you after all of these years."

"I cannot continue to live with this injustice," he says dramatically.

Luna is trying her best not to break, but the way he's trying so hard to act innocent has her ready to start laughing loudly. She has no idea what he's talking about but she can tell he would definitely be the one to set a chicken free in the palace.

"Sweetie, I saw you bring the chicken inside. The only injustice is the lie you keep telling yourself," she laughs.

"You saw me?" He asks raising his brow. "You said your ability was knowing when people lie and that's how you knew! That's not really your ability, is it?!"

"Jungkook," she says realizing her mistake.

"Mom!" He shouts standing up. "I get it from you, don't I?"

"Sit down, Jungkook," she says softly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks slowly sitting back down.

"Feels like deja vu," Luna mumbles pulling a sharp look from Jungkook.