41

Leave a comment if you like the story. 🙂

☀️☀️☀️

It was almost 7 in the morning when Cloud and I went back to our house. Pinanuod pa namin ang pagsikat ng araw at kumain na rin kami bago kami bumalik sa bahay. Well, I didn't know I was so hungry, though.

Hindi ako masyadong kumakain noong mga nakalipas na araw dahil alam kong wala talaga akong ganang kumain. Maybe it was because of what happened between me and Cloud, too. Hindi ko rin alam kung ano ba ang science behind that thing, but you could really lose appetite when you're sad and you lost someone.

Luckily, Cloud came back... and so is my appetite.

Magkahawak ang kamay namin nang pumasok kami sa bahay. Alam kong gising na ang mga magulang ko dahil alas otso ay pupunta si Daddy sa opisina nito. They're still staying at the office Cloud rented for them. Dalawa hanggang tatlong buwan pa bago sila makakabalik sa opisina habang sa bahay lang ako nagtatrabaho.

"Are you sure you want to talk to them now?" I asked him again while we're walking towards the door. Kumunot naman ang noo niya sa akin. "You don't want me to talk to them?" balik na tanong niya sa akin na ikinairap ko naman.

"I am just saying... Yesterday I was down on my knees, crying in front of them because I was so hurt and I was in too much pain because I lost you and it was my fault and–" he pecked on my lips to cut me off.

"That was yesterday. I am here now, again."

I looked at him and smiled a little. Huminto ako sa paglalakad at niyakap siya ng mahigpit at idinikit ang pisngi sa dibdib niya. "I have no idea what I did right in my past life that I have you in my life now, but I am just so lucky, Cloud..."

"Hmm?" hinawakan niya ang bewang ko at hinalikan ang ulo ko. "You're lucky?" he asked me and I looked at him. I nodded my head and smiled at him.

Talaga namang napaka swerte ko dahil kay Cloud. Some people find love at a young age, I found Cloud. Some people might lose it, too, and I also lost Cloud before... but having him back in my arms again... ilang tao lang ba ang mapalad na magkaroon ng second chances in love?

Ilang tao lang ba ang mapalad na kahit na naghiwalay sila, nagkabalikan pa rin? Napatunayan na love really conquer all odds?

I have to give credit to Cloud, too. Malaking bagay rin na hindi niya ako sinukuan... malaking bagay na hindi rin siya tumigil na mahalin ako...

"Why are you lucky?" he asked and pecked on my lips. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck and breathed heavily.

"I am lucky because even though you had millions of reasons to leave me, to choose someone else, someone better, someone who didn't hurt you, you still found a reason to love me, and stay with me..." I smiled at him and played with his hair.

"That's where you're wrong, baby..." he smiled at me and caressed my cheek with his hand. Kumunot ng bahagya ang noo ko dahil sa sinabi niya.

"If you think you're lucky to have me, then I must be the luckiest, Ashanti..."

He breathed heavily and smiled at me. "I am lucky that I have you in my life, baby..."

"You just say that so I won't feel bad," sumimangot ako sa kanya. Umiling naman si Cloud sa akin at sumeryoso ang mukha nito.

"No, I am saying that because I am really the luckiest to have you, Ashanti. Our relationship isn't perfect, it will never be. There will be bumps in the road, but I am lucky that you chose to have me by your side in facing those bumps. I am lucky that you chose me to stand by you and spend the rest of your life with me. It will be my honor growing old with you."