Makingmyownworld - "Anchorage"

Author: Makingmyownworld

Title: Anchorage

Favorite Authors: J.D. Robb, Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh 

Bio: 

Hi, I'm Kirstin! I joined Wattpad two years ago and ever since I've been hooked. You can always count on a book in my hand or one on my phone. I'm an avid animal lover so that has stemmed into my writing. I've lived all across the United States and hope to journey to Europe soon. 

Anchorage 

http://www.wattpad.com/story/33400642-anchorage

Summary:

Anchorage follows the story of Psyche Keres, a once world renowned exorcist. Powerful and young, Psyche had no qualms about the jobs she took. Now, she's a disfigured has-been with a deranged obsession for revenge. Suddenly taken from her home to save a little girl, Psyche is plunged back into a world of primitive species. Unable to tamper her quest to right her wrongs, Psyche is determined to settle her debts. First on her list? The demon who ultimately broke her.

Target Audience:

When I wrote Anchorage, I didn't have a specific audience in mind. I have a variety of both male and female readers of all ages. My story does have both brutal scenes and coarse language. So I guess I would have to say anyone who is open to reading about such things is my intended audience.

Something Paranormal About My Story:

For one, my MC Psyche. She's an exorcist who caters to both demon and spirit clientele. Although saying clientele sounds like the creatures want her to banish them. They're more or less her patients, lol.

Other Genres:

To be perfectly honest, Anchorage is changing everyday. Some of the monsters in the story would fall under the Fantasy genre. Then there's lots of mysteries revolving around the world the book is set in and even Psyche herself. I have yet to decide if romance will be a factor in the book.

Writing Process:

I don't have a set writing process. Whenever an idea pops into my head, it immediately gets put into my notes for later access. I've never been one to follow a routine so my writing could happen in the middle of the night while my eyes are still glued shut. However, after a run in the woods or finishing a scene in a good book, inspiration usually hits.

Writing Challenges:

For me, there's only two real problems that I have to endure while writing. One, is writers block. The horrid bouts of zero inspiration that I think any writer can relate to. Overcoming them is usually a challenge, but after getting away from my laptop, I'm usually able to overcome this. The second, is writing wacky characters and forgetting about where I want to take my book. I always love creating these type of characters but I have to remember applying them into my stories. Once I do work out these details, writing Anchorage is a pleasure.

Writing Well:

I won't tell anyone writing well is the ultimate key. I've read some amazing books that don't receive the recognition they rightly deserve. I think a major step in writing is editing. I've read many books on Wattpad, but if there are too many grammatical errors, I won't read them. Another would be a unique plot. Saying a cliche plot might not be a good idea has probably already been mentioned, this is just a reminder. Add interesting settings, characters, dialogue, anything that is out of the norm but you're still comfortable with writing might be a good start.