letstwistagain - "Villain Academy"

Name of Author: letstwistagain

Title of Book: Villain Academy

Favorite Authors: sarena_a

Bio: Who am I? What am I doing? I'm the one your mother warned you about. I'm painting a blue square in my backyard so Google Earth thinks I have a pool. Normal people worry me.

I get ignored so much that my nickname should be Terms And Conditions. Oh, and you can call me 'Pi'.

Can you explain what your book is all about?

VA holds an important message that it doesn't matter what your origins are, or whom you share blood relation with--you define yourself based off of your own actions. This theme is twisted into a paranormal comedy featuring a female, potty-mouthed beast who is forced to partner with a hero--one of the most feared creatures in all of the lands.

Who is your target audience - and why?

This story is targeted towards the 13-18 age group, as many 21st century references are made. The humour as well is directed towards a younger audience.

What is 'paranormal' about your story?

Creatures. It is all about the creatures. My protagonist, the potty-mouthed beast, is a student at Villain Academy, a school for all forms of wicked beasts. The high school includes multiple creatures ranging from banshees to skeletons to ghouls.

Does it contain other genre elements, if so which ones - and why?

Comedy for sure! Adventure is a strong part of my story as well.

Tell us about your writing process - how do you get from story idea to a Wattpad published story?

My inspiration usually comes from movies. I start off with a genre, and then figure out what will make my story stand out--what makes this new story MY story. Afterwards, I take whatever distinctive idea I created and use that as my focus point for the story. :)

Did you encounter any challenges when writing, if so - how did you overcome them?

Of course! I mean, what writer doesn't? I have this problem where I get bored with a story if it sits for too long. Either I don't know what to do with the story or I'm simply bored of it. Luckily, I complete at least one story every year.

You often hear that 'writing well' is the baseline for success. What does that mean for you?

If your reader can't comprehend your story, then you're screwed. There isn't such thing as 'great' writing, but I think everyone can agree that you must be capable of putting together a sentence that makes sense and flows in order to write properly. 

One final question, this being the Paranormal genre: Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

NO. Oh my god, I'd probably piss myself if I saw a ghost. Or vampire. Or beast.