Chapter 13

{season 2 episode 3}

The next day a group of Cobra Kai's plus Demetri went to the beach. Sylvia, Demetri and Hawk were playing volleyball. "Just serve the ball. don't need to be so dramatic" Sylvia yelled to Demetri. Well he served it but it didn't really go nowhere. "Mulligan, send it back" he said. "There's no mulligans in volleyball" hawk replied. "Says you" Demetri said and walks to the side. "What?" Sylvia mumbled confused. "Water break" Demetri exclaimed.

Sylvia saw Demetri show off a cobra Kai towel and talking to two girls. "Look at you player." Moon said laughing. "It'd be nice if you earned Cobra Kai credit you're so happy to take." Hawk scoffs walking towards him. "When are you gonna sign up?" Sylvia groans. "I don't know. I'm kind of enjoying the gain without the pain." Demetri said smiling. "Hawk, Sylvia" they heard Miguel say. "Hey, there's the man" hawk grins dapping him up as Sylvia gave him a quick hug.

"Whats up" Miguel said coldly. "No. No more of this. Look it's a beautiful day out. The beach is packed with babes. No more sulking about Sam." Hawk said gesturing to the beach. "I'm not sulking about Sam. It's about Sensei" Miguel said. "Is this about his rap sheet? My parents read it online. I think it makes him more badass." Hawk said. "Wait what he made a rap sheet? Send it to me!" Sylvia said quickly. "It's about him and Robby Keene" Miguel says. Hawk made a confused face. "Alright let's sit down ok?" Sylvia mutters and pushed the two boys to the towels.

Miguel told Hawk how there was a picture of Robby on his fridge. They washed up from the beach and went to the dojo. Sylvia sat next to Miguel and Hawk as they stretched. "So I did a deep dive online, and you were right. Sensei's definitely Keene'a father." Hawk says. "I just don't understand why he wouldn't tell us." Miguel sighs. "I don't know. But it explains why he's giving us shit for kicking Keene's ass at the tournament. Show no mercy, unless it's his son. Then we gotta be pussies" Hawk rolls his eyes. "You guys, have you seen the commercial?" Aisha came up to them and asked. "Sam's dad started his own dojo and he disses Cobra Kai." She said grabbing her phone and gives it too Miguel. Sylvia leaned closer to him to watch the video.

    —————

"There's a lot of talk going around the Valley about free karate. But everyone knows that in life you get what you pay for you wanna really kick the competition?" Sensei says as Aisha records him. Sensei kicked a potted tree. "Then you need to get your ass over to Cobra Kai. Screw that lame meditation bullshit. What you need is bone-crunching face-smashing, good old American karate." Sensei said and punches the dummy. "Enough about self defense. Learn self offense. Don't be a pussy. Join Cobra Kai. And let me teach you the way of the fist." Sensei said holding up a fist. "And cut" Aisha says and stopped the recording. Sylvia, Miguel and Hawk went into the storage office to talk to sensei about Robby.

"Sensei can we talk to you about something?" Sylvia asks as they walk in

"Look if it's about the commercial, I know"

"It's not about the commercial. It's about Robby Keene" Hawk says. Saying. Robby's name with disgust. "What about him?"

"I saw his picture on your refrigerator. I wasn't snooping, but... we know he's your son."

"That's why you got mad at us after the tournament, right?"

"Is that what you think? Yeah Robby's my son. But that has nothing to do with how I run my dojo. It's also none of your damn business you understand?"

"Yes sensei" Sylvia and Miguel nod defeated. "But, but sensei, I"

"But but nothing. Get out. You three clean mats for the rest of the week"

—————

The class ended and Sylvia walked with Miguel home. "What do you think about sensei's sensei?" Sylvia asked Miguel. "I don't trust him. He gives me a bad energy" Miguel answered. "Yeah same he gives a bad vibe like where did he even come from?" Sylvia scoffs. "don't know I heard he was dead" Miguel said.

Sylvia decided to visit Miguel's apartment. Someone knocked on the door and Miguel went to open it. "Hey sensei. What's going on?" Miguel mutters. Sylvia got up and walked to the door. "Let's go for a ride both of you." He said and gestured towards his car.

Sensei brought them to this burger place infront of a hospital. "You see that building over there" he asked pointing at it. "The hospital?" Sylvia replied. "That's where Robby was born. February 4th, 2002. It was a Monday his mom was in labor for 17 hours." Sensei said. "Must've been crazy" Miguel mutters.

"Yeah I'm sure it was. I wasn't there. And my mom had just died. I was a real mess. I never knew my father, so she was all I had. Next thing I know, I'm gonna be a dad. Scared the shit out of me. So instead of being up there, welcoming him into the world. I was down here, soaking up the booze from a three-day bender, trying to get the courage to walk across the street. And I never got there." Sensei said. "I failed my kid. On his very first day in this world. And I've been failing him everyday since"

"Sensei, this is personal stuff. You don't have to tell us." Miguel says. "No, I, I should've told you guys a long time ago. It... it's one of the most painful things in my life. But one of the best things has been teaching you two. And I want you two to know, no matter what happens, I promise. I'll always be on your side. And I'll always have your best interests at heart." Sensei said. "Thank you" Miguel and Sylvia whispers. "Yeah alright" sensei said. Sylvia and Miguel's phone buzzed. "Sorry" Sylvia says as they both grabbed their phones. "What is it?" Sensei asked. "It's from Aisha" Miguel answered. "She heard that Miyagi-Do is doing some sort of demo valley fest." Sylvia says. "Oh they are, huh?" Sensei grins.

—————

"Cobra Kai!" They yelled. Sylvia and Miguel jogged next to each other chanting Cobra Kai. A banner rolled infront of the Miyagi-Do sign. They jogged onto the stage and got into stance and did some moves and kicks. Even fireworks went off. "Cobras, show them what real karate looks like!" Sensei yelled. Sylvia and Miguel started fighting other cobras until they were the only ones left.

They exited and Aisha went up with a blind fold kicking boards. Hawk grabbed Dimetri from the crowd and made him hold a board as he jumped into someone's hand and kicked it. Everyone went onto the stage and started tossing merch into the crowd. They exited the stage and sensei had 5 blocks of stone infront of him and he even set it on fire and broke it with his fist. They lined up next to sensei as everyone chanted Cobra Kai. I looked at Miguel and smiled.

Sylvia scanned the crowd spotting Sam, Robby, and Daniel. Robby was staring directly at her. And she could've swore she saw a smile on his face.

—————

Robby watched as Sylvia fought off other people and how her skills looked so precise. Robby couldn't help but smile and every time he caught himself doing it he would try to look mad but never worked. He could see the glow from the lights shining on her face. She looked just as good as she did that night at the LaRusso's. Robby immediately dropped his head once he realized she was staring back at him.