Part 13

One week after Blaines birthday:

Robert Anderson is in a dark place at the moment. Blaine noticed his drinking more than usually. He's also more angry than usually.

Tonight is no different.

Blaine took dinner to his room, not wanting to see his father. Instead he writes a shopping list with things he still needs for school in less than two weeks. He puts on music but not too loud so he doesn't annoy his dad.

Now it's just quiet enough that it can't be heard downstairs and loud enough to muffle the voices coming from downstairs.

They are fighting. Again. His mom and his dad. It happened before. Quite often actually. But it seems like it got more over the holidays. Blaine doesn't know why tho.

Blaine finishes the shopping list and ignores the food. He has no appetite when he hears his parents yell like that. Instead he takes paper and pen and starts writing.

>>><<<

Dear Kurt
There's something that I actually wanted to tell you some time ago but I never found the right moment or knew how to tell you or had the courage.
You always tell me how amazing your dad, Burt, is and tell me that you're sorry that my dad is so strict. But there's just so much more to it and I ant to tell someone and I trust you the most. So I wa

>>><<<

"No this is stupid" Blaine thinks aloud. He can't just write a random letter to Kurt and tell him about his dad. He's not even sure if he can put his dads behaviour in words.

Short handed Blaine rips the paper in little pieces and throws it away. Maybe he tries again some time else. The yelling gets louder and Blaine can't stand it anymore. He covers his ears with his hands and tries to muffle the sound a little more.

Wes offers shoots through his head. He said that Blaine can come over any time and right now Blaine wants nothing more than to be out of the house at the moment.

The boy doesn't think long before he opens the door and runs downstairs and straight to the door. "Where do you think you're going?" Robert asks, turning to his son. "I'm going to Wes" Blaine answers. "And why do you think you can leave?" the man asks again and his son answers "Because I can't hear you fighting anymore and at Wes I'd have my peace".

"So you're just assuming you're allowed to leave?" Robert asks and his son answers rather confidentally "I actually planned to stay over so I don't have to hear you yell anymore". The Anderson man laughs dark "I don't think so".

"Up to your room! Now!" he orders, coming closer to his son. Blaine stays where he is but flinches when his dad towers over him and raises his arm. The man points to the stairs "I. Said. Up.". The boy nods, not saying one word and running up, locking the door behind him. He could smell his dads breath and god knows how much he drank already.

Blaine takes his headphones and listen to music on his phone while he gives the letter another try.

>>><<<

Dear Kurt
Maybe but only maybe I had an almost chance to have my first sleep over tonight at Wes. But my father said no so I'm back in my room.
Yes I'm mad at my dad again but it would've been soo cool to sleep at Wes place and I also had my reasons why I wanted to go.
My dad and my mom were fighting again and arguring loudly so I wanted to get out of here.
Soon school starts again and at least it gives me the possibility to leave my house without upsetting my dad.
Can't believe you're starting your last year of middle school soon. Exited?
Love Blaine

>>><<<

Dear Blaine
That sucks but one day you're having a sleep over for sure and it'll be amazing, I just know it,
I went through some older letters a few days ago and I noticed that you often had or have troubles with your dad,
You know if you ever want to talk or in this case write about it I'm here for you, You can tell me everything and I won't judge or so,
Exited for the last year but also scared about what comes next,
Ready for next year or school?
Love Kurt

>>><<<

Dear Kurt
Thank you for the offer. I'm sure I'll come back to it some day but not now. Not because I don't trust you because you're actually the person I trust most but I just don't like talking about it. I never really did anyway and I have no clue how to put it in words.
Today in gym class our teacher told us that we'll do a gym class exam this year in fall and I guess it's the same thing you had.
How is it going with Carol and Burt?
Love Blaine

>>><<<

Dear Blaine
I know what you mean, Take your time, I won't run away or rush it, I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you,
I wish you all the luck in the world for the gym class exam, Fall will come sooner than you can think so prepare yourself,
Carol and dad are going strong and Finn and I get along well too so I guess it's only a question of time until they take the next step together,
Doing okay in third year?
Love Kurt